uniqs
share rss forum feed

TopShelf

join:2010-06-25

[Excel] Make "Print_Area" Go Away

Click for full size
Print_Area
Hi!

We are using Excel 2010 at work. A very large spreadsheet has the words "Print_Area" in blue on the face of the spreadsheet. Efforts to make the words go away have been futile. Please don't tell me to "clear the print area". Like I said, myself and others have tried everything possible to make it go away and nothing works.

Help! What do I/we need to do to make the words Print_Area go away.

I've attached a partial snippet of the unwanted wording.

Your help is greatly needed and appreciated.
--
The only thing North Korea could wipe out in four minutes is a South Korean all-you-can-eat buffet.

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:10

1 recommendation

Change View to normal.

TopShelf

Thank you for the reply. I won't be able to try your suggestion until Monday.

I'll let you know how it goes.

TS
--
The only thing North Korea could wipe out in four minutes is a South Korean all-you-can-eat buffet.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to TopShelf

You might also check the header and footer - that looks like it could be a "watermark" that is contained in the header or footer.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

TopShelf

reply to TopShelf

Thank you both for the suggestions. Neither worked. In the end, the solution was to go to Formula, then Name Manager and delete the offending item. There were a bunch in there. They must have been relics of some sort from a long time ago and they got resurrected when Office was upgraded to Office 2010.

Again, thank you both for your time.

TS
--