spc
uniqs
BrianFX
join:2008-06-26
Forest Hills, NY

BrianFX to albundyhere

to albundyhere

Re: [TW] Earthlink Newsgroups problem

I just confirmed it. I setup a Supernews demo and used the same nzb for a show that was posted online tonight. It's gone on Earthlink, active on Supernews.

There must have been an inside agreement, as I've noticed it's TV shows that are most heavily affected. Maybe TWC said no more TV shows on Earthlink usenet, since it competes with their TV cable service. I wouldn't be surprised.

Coincidentally, my 6-month promo price on Earthlink ended today. Calling TWC tomorrow to switch back.
albundyhere
join:2000-10-26
New York, NY

albundyhere

huh, that's quite interesting. I never realized they would stoop so low. I am moving and wont be sticking with Earthlink as they kept giving themselves raises on my behalf every year for several years now with the same 10Mbps speed. I am really liking RCN right now with their 50Mbps $34.99/month for 3 years with no contract as it will allow me to order up a decent usenet provider. thanks for the info.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to BrianFX

MVM

to BrianFX
said by BrianFX:

Calling TWC tomorrow to switch back.

Why wouldn't TWC do the same on their Usenet service?
BrianFX
join:2008-06-26
Forest Hills, NY

BrianFX

said by NormanS:

Why wouldn't TWC do the same on their Usenet service?

TWC doesn't offer their own usenet service. I was hoping by switching back I could hop on their promo plan once again, but they're no longer allowing EL to/from TWC hops to count towards promotional rates (they did for years). I'm paying the $50 regular internet rate now for the first time in 7 years of being a TWC or EL customer. Oh well, it was a good run.

Ended up not switching since there was no price advantage, and TWC is 15/2 Mbps vs EL at 20/2. Using a block usenet account now to make up for EL usenet dropping all TV releases.