uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to djtim21

Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 2013

They're calling for a few inches of rain over the next day or so.

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3
reply to djtim21
said by djtim21:

Did I mention we need much more rain or snow. If we don't get it, we are going to be in trouble for spring.

It's a pity we're not going to have another 1967 tomorrow. That storm was preceded by temperatures like we'll see today, and we seriously need the moisture. I was almost nine years old when that storm hit.
Unfortunately, most people are blissfully unaware of how serious our drought situation is.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
I agree, people are happy we don't have snow, I get worried, and then of course come summer everything is expensive because of the drought.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Jon
I still have a big bag of ice melter that I bought two winters ago, since I didn't need to use it at all last year!

Shovel is still in the shed. I thought about shoveling on Friday, but I was sick, the amount was so little, and I knew it would all be gone on Sunday anyway.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
reply to adamtech78
I'm thinking that we will set some kind of new record for high temperature today in Chicago. I know right now I'm showing 61 degrees. May have to pull the bike out of the shed and go for a short ride!

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

1 edit
reply to adamtech78
It was a shock when I opened the front door at 5:30 this morning and braced myself as usual for the slap of cold air only to find it warm outside. A pleasant shock.

I saw a graphic on the news last week. Over the last month, there has been two feet of snow to the North of us, two feet to the east of use, two feet south of us and two feet west of us. Big storm systems just veered away from Chicago this winter, as if we were in a dry island.

Google just published streetview images of my block, taken last summer, so my house will always be associated with a parched front yard. The new Google interface does not seem to crash as much, and the blended images swoosh along as you cursor down a street. Fun.

edit typo

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

I'm thinking that we will set some kind of new record for high temperature today in Chicago. I know right now I'm showing 61 degrees. May have to pull the bike out of the shed and go for a short ride!

They said this morning that the record for this date was 59 and was set in the 50's. The all-time January record was somewhere around 67 set in like the 20's or something. Showing 66 on my outdoor thermometer as of this post.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Jon
Flood watch is up for the entire Chicagoland area now.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to StepR
said by StepR:

It was a shock when I opened the front door at 5:30 this morning and braced myself as usual for the slap of cold air only to find it war outside. A pleasant shock.

There is a war in Elgin?
Keep it there so we don't have to fight it here.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
reply to adamtech78
There's plenty of room on the global warming bandwagon!

aight

join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL
reply to adamtech78
Looking at the Radar this minute. Had it been cold, we would have had a foot of snow by now. This is like the Matrix. We are dodging bullets all Winter long.
--
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
Snowing here now. Not much has fallen, but it looks like we're going back to the deep freeze again the next few days.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

1 recommendation

reply to adamtech78
Click for full size
Two years ago today

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to adamtech78
I'm not sure if I want to bother digging out my snow blower or just shovel. From the forcast it doesn't look like it's gonna melt any time soon so I guess I finally have to do something. Ugh!

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
It's just a inch. I don't feel like doing shoveling.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
said by Warzau:

I shoveld. My wife helped so hell must be freezing over. It probably would have taken me longer to dig out the show blower than it did to shovel.

aight

Lafox, IL
said by Jon:

said by Warzau:

I shoveld. My wife helped so hell must be freezing over. It probably would have taken me longer to dig out the show blower than it did to shovel.

I agree. I was looking at my snow blower and grabbed the shovel instead. This was light (fluffy) snow and it took me less than 20 minutes to shovel my driveway. I think we got close to 2 inches. Probably 3 because the wind blew most of the snow on top of my roof onto the driveway.
--
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'

aight

Lafox, IL
reply to adamtech78
Hold on. Wasn't it in Feb last year when we got hammered by a foot of Heavy snow?

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
said by aight:

Hold on. Wasn't it in Feb last year when we got hammered by a foot of Heavy snow?

How time flies! It was two years ago, February 2011. Last year, we had very little snow.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Jon
said by Jon:

I'm not sure if I want to bother digging out my snow blower or just shovel. From the forcast it doesn't look like it's gonna melt any time soon so I guess I finally have to do something. Ugh!

You'll need it Monday morning. 3-4 inches expected overnight.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
said by andyross:

said by Jon:

You'll need it Monday morning. 3-4 inches expected overnight.

Oh God Damn it!

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to andyross

I recall saying I used the snow blower all of one time last year.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Jon
Great! (in a sarcastic tone)

aight

Lafox, IL
I recall Skilling saying last night that the one coming overnight
through Monday is the worst of the 3 systems that hits the
Chicagoland area. I hope the crews keeps the road clean overnight or else the commute time is going to be Hell Monday.

Oh well, for now,,,I have to grab the pizza and beer and watch the
superbowl.... Had the Bears been playing, I would probably call in sick
tomorrow.
--

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
Been snowing since 10:30 pm up here in Lake County, and they're expecting it to continue until noon tomorrow. Commute's gonna be a bitch.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to adamtech78
Got maybe an inch in northern Naperville overnight.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
Yeah wasn't as bad as I thought. Thankfully all this snow fall has been dry, no heavy snow yet.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL
reply to adamtech78
We had four or five inches. and it seemed like all the snowplow drivers were hung over from the superbowl as nothing was plowed.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
I would try for the 26th against Cleveland. They think he'll return against Charlotte on the 22nd.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

aight

Lafox, IL
Wrong thread, but I appreciate your response man.