Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1
reply to SuperJudge

Re: [GA] ZOOM 5341j Incompatible?

sure, its simple, they (mediacom) want you to rent one from them, and if not to purchase the exact same models they offer, so they can load their firmware on them to cripple your ability to access anything but the most basic of troubleshooting info.

of course i could just be super paranoid, but based on previous threads, and the fact they have removed the diagnostics information from many of there modems leads me to think my paranoia is anything but...

SuperJudge
Raiden Wins
Premium
join:2002-11-14
Albany, GA
said by thedragonmas:

sure, its simple, they (mediacom) want you to rent one from them, and if not to purchase the exact same models they offer, so they can load their firmware on them to cripple your ability to access anything but the most basic of troubleshooting info.

of course i could just be super paranoid, but based on previous threads, and the fact they have removed the diagnostics information from many of there modems leads me to think my paranoia is anything but...

So, that's why they tell me it's incompatible, or do you think they also have a way to shut my modem down?
Expand your moderator at work

lhollow

join:2010-12-02
IL
reply to SuperJudge

Re: [GA] ZOOM 5341j Incompatible?

said by SuperJudge:

So, that's why they tell me it's incompatible, or do you think they also have a way to shut my modem down?

I had a couple of Zoom modems back in the dial-up days. As I recall, they worked very well. I don't know how well their cable modems work and last.

Send Chad a note with your information. There could be a line issue affecting it.