share rss forum feed

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3
reply to adamtech78

Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 2013

As pleasant as this winter has been, if we don't get some significant snow or rain soon, we're all in trouble.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

Many stories lately of worried farmers throughout the northern US. Without snow to help recharge the ground, there could be big crop issues. Much of the country is in a strong to extreme drought. The Mississippi is getting so low (after big flooding in 2011!) that barge traffic could be halted.

Get ready to pay more for your food.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Well that sucks for the Farmers. If I don't have to cut my lawn every week though...

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Chinabound

Click for full size
While I like the fact that we have not had any snow (I don't have to shovel the driveway! ), I know we need to get some kind of precipitation soon, otherwise we're all going to be in trouble.

Makes me think back to last July. The above picture is along the Fox River near Batevia, Illinois. Water levels were really low last year. I would hate to see how low they get this year if we don't get some significant rainfall soon.
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

aight

join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL
reply to andyross

You're forgetting gas. The oil companies will use the global warming story and jack up the prices this Spring.