share rss forum feed

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

[Apps] good email on android app?

I don't mind the stock email app on the Galaxy SIII. It's not that bad. However, I hate that I can't have the email displayed to fit the screen when the email comes through to my inbox. I always have to pinch to zoom. I sometimes feel the app is a bit flaky and that the Gmail app works a lot better. I use IMAP for my business email and was wondering what good email apps exist through the Play Store. Any recommendations?

techman
Premium
join:2004-09-01
Ayden, NC

Have you tried K-9 Mail? It can do IMAP. I use it on my tablet and phone and like it.

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

i just downloaded it. looks good and its free. only question, is there anyway to have the email display to fit the screen rather than oversized? it seems like every email app oversizes the email content except for the gmail app which gives you the option of fit to screen automatically. if i want to make it bigger i should be able to pinch to zoom to do that.

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

Aquamail will do text emails so you don't need to scroll, but newsletters via email will need to be scrolled. Also free.

techman
Premium
Ayden, NC

1 edit
reply to obeythelaw

There does not appear to be a way to have K-9 mail fit to screen. I have found another app that appears to do what you want. It's a paid app but it appears to be the most full featured I have found. It is Enhanced Email and the cost is $9.99. You can download a 1 week free trial from the publisher's web site. »quantumsolutions.us/forum/ . I am considering changing to this for my email. I am definitely going to try it for a few days.

EDIT: It appears that you cannot access links in an email when in mobile view, switching to desktop view enables links. Mobile view gives you emails that fit to screen.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to obeythelaw

said by obeythelaw:

I don't mind the stock email app on the Galaxy SIII. It's not that bad. However, I hate that I can't have the email displayed to fit the screen when the email comes through to my inbox.

Well that would seem to be a manufacturer Android implementation than the OS itself... never been a problem for me with the Generic EMAIL app on Transformer... enough mem not an issue but wish I could dump the GMAIL app.... might have to dig more into rooting this thing since seems it at end of ASUS upgrading... who are very good about quickly to next gen (3 to 4 and later devices 4 to 4.1... but then slow/never after.
--

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
reply to obeythelaw

i use touchdown and love it on my s3

techman
Premium
Ayden, NC
reply to obeythelaw

I don't know whether you found an email you like or not. If you didn't take a look at Melwin Mail. I rather like it and it appears to do everything you have been looking for. The price is not bad at $5.99