how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Black Box

join:2002-12-21
reply to Thingamajig

Re: 10 Year Old Boy Fixes My Car

Don't knock it. Reminds me of this story from Michigan I've seen a while ago. It may have been a fuse or bum connector this time, but I bet the kid knows a lot more. Better to learn this than how to ace Halo 4. He's going to be fine, maybe open his own shop later in life.The social protection network there is way thinner than here.
--
Keep It Safe, Stupid!
Yes, I CanChat. Can You?

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.
Not knocking the kid so much, the OP sounds scary tho! Betcha he's aced Halo 4!
--
Some hero's wear capes, mine wear combat boots.

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to Xstar_Lumini
Weird observation down here; all houses, no matter the village or poorness, are made of solid concrete with steel doors and windows. Are you listening Mattamy and Greenpark?

I saw school girls aged 7 and 9 hitchiking rides from passing vehicles alongside roads in the morning.. try this in North America kiddos.

The u.s. dollar is the currency here since 2002. I've seen $1 dollar coins I never seen in the u.s. They are small and have a dark gold color with the impression of a native indian woman carrying a baby on her back with a blanket. Why have I not seen this coin in all my travels to the U.S. but in this country they are everywhere?

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by Xstar_Lumini:

Weird observation down here; all houses, no matter the village or poorness, are made of solid concrete with steel doors and windows. Are you listening Mattamy and Greenpark?

Cheap and easy to build. Paint covers a multitude of sins.

The u.s. dollar is the currency here since 2002. I've seen $1 dollar coins I never seen in the u.s. They are small and have a dark gold color with the impression of a native indian woman carrying a baby on her back with a blanket. Why have I not seen this coin in all my travels to the U.S. but in this country they are everywhere?

It's a Sacagawea dollar coin. They are popular in Ecuador, Panama and El Salvador.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Bob Anderson

join:2001-05-05
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1
I found one in my change from Loblaws some years ago. Gave it to the neighbour's kid. The US Mint has tried on a few occasions to introduce a dollar coin but all have been rejected by the US public. The reason for this is that the US Mint didn't pull the $1 greenback out of circulation. They keep making the same mistake every time. Every Roman Emperor and every European King or Queen knew that to get a new series of coins introduced the existing series must be taken out of circulation. In other words people don't like change (pun intended).

-Bob

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to DKS
said by DKS:

said by Xstar_Lumini:

Are you listening Mattamy and Greenpark?

Cheap and easy to build. Paint covers a multitude of sins.

?

I know what you mean. Friends bought a house built by Greenpark and the workmanship inside was terrible. Framing was off square and not plumb. Lots of drywall issues. Once they got enough paint on it things looked much better.