uniqs
share rss forum feed

eurochild

join:2013-01-05
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Praetorian

Re: please call cablevision to add Bein sport usa

Clearly you do not know Soccer has the biggest following of any sport on the planet

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by eurochild:

Clearly you do not know Soccer has the biggest following of any sport on the planet

but not in cablevision land

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to eurochild
said by eurochild:

Then let the rest of the planet pay for it.

civic110

@optonline.net
I'd like to see WLNY added across the different systems before more soccer & Spanish channels. I don't know why a broadcast channel is so difficult to add over the cable channels we've been getting lately.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
said by civic110 :

I'd like to see WLNY added across the different systems

I would think that any system that has WCBS would also have WLNY (which is on channel 10 on the Raritan system) since they not only have the same owner, but cover roughly the same geographical location.

civic110

@optonline.net
I would think so too, but it isn't the case down in Monmouth County, where we receive WCBS.

Comcast carries WLNY all the way down to Ocean County; all the satellite & telco providers carry it too...everyone except Cablevision, shocker.

Praetorian

@optonline.net
reply to eurochild
Very well aware of soccers popularity in the world. Cricket and field hockey are popular too, but like soccer, not to the majority of americans

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to civic110
I'd rather get the Philadelphia stations instead of more Spanish and sports channels.

civic110

@optonline.net
The handfull of Philly networks are pointless.
They're not in HD and they show the same programs at the same times the NY networks (in HD) do.

I really don't know of anyone who watches them. When we say ABC, we mean channel 7, not 6 around here...and so on.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
I go to school in the Allentown TV market but most of our channels are philadelphia, including 6ABC, and it's HD on SECV

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to civic110
The Philadelphia news is different from the New York City news. You realize the entire world does not revolve around New York City and Lawn Guyland, right?

civic110

@optonline.net
Yes, but the Philly news/weather does not cover Monmouth/Ocean counties. Verizon & the satellite companies in my area do not carry any Philly channels, because we are "New York".

The ONLY CBS outlet we have is WCBS. So when they are covering breaking news, weather events, or Jets preseason football, and refers viewers to WLNY, we are continually left out. Cablevision is the only carrier not to have it in my area. Unfortunately, I cannot switch but Verizon & satellite in my area carry WLNY.

heyassuii

@verizon.net
reply to civic110
said by civic110 :

The handfull of Philly networks are pointless.
They're not in HD and they show the same programs at the same times the NY networks (in HD) do.

I really don't know of anyone who watches them. When we say ABC, we mean channel 7, not 6 around here...and so on.

they are not pointless to those that live in central NJ but work in philly and depend on the news reports and other local shows NOT on NYC stations.

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY
reply to civic110
said by civic110 :

I'd like to see WLNY added across the different systems before more soccer & Spanish channels. I don't know why a broadcast channel is so difficult to add over the cable channels we've been getting lately.

As of mid Novemeber I had WCBS but not WLNY in Dutchess County NY on Cablevision. FIOS in the same area has both.

civic110

@optonline.net
Yup, FiOS and the satellite providers in my area all have WLNY.
Comcast, just down the road from me, carries it too.