All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
YankeeFan
join:2009-01-13

YankeeFan

[iO] New Optimum install - Missing Channels

I am in Bayonne, NJ. I just had Optimum installed yesterday in my apartment. I have two Tivos with CableCards and no other boxes. I have subscribed to the Silver package with the Spanish language package. I have missing channels, mostly in the HD HBO/Showtime range and all of the Spanish package channels. After tech left and I realized that channels were missing I spent a couple hours on the phone with tech support doing the whole remove card, reboot tivo, reinstall card, etc. routine. Tech was sent back. Tech doesn't seem to have a clue. Tech replaced cable cards, spent another hour on the phone...still no joy. Tech says he "thinks" I might need tuning adapters, will be coming by this afternoon with TAs. I've tried doing some research but not sure if TAs are needed in my area. Please help. If I don't get those Spanish channels working my wife will kill me because she's missing her telenovelas and I'll never hear the end of it.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Just throwing this out there because it happened to may father-in-law, but did the tech mention that there's no video trap installed outside? He had an install with missing channels for that reason, but they were different channels.

Good luck.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to YankeeFan

to YankeeFan
I'm surprised they didn't recommend ta sooner!
the espanol channels missing definitely need one

»optimum.custhelp.com/app ··· services

Switched Digital Video Services Not Available with CableCARD
Switched Digital Video technology is being used to provide certain Optimum TV video programming to our customers. Except for certain CableCARD-equipped devices (e.g. Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCI enabled Media Center PCs, TiVo and Moxi HD DVR units equipped with a Tuning Adapter, CableCARD-equipped devices are not able to receive these certain video programming services. These services include:

Subscription international programming packages, including Optimum en espaƱol, Optimum Russian, Optimum Korean, etc.†
Subscription sports packages, including MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, etc.†
3D on Optimum TV†
NHL Network HD (channel 791).**
Big Ten Network & Big Ten Network HD (channels 413/720).**
Smithsonian Channel & Smithsonian Channel HD (channels 163/780).**
Limited premium HD movie channels.**

**Except for customers located in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Connecticut, Elizabeth, Great Neck, Hamilton, Hudson, Islip, Lynbrook, Newark, Paterson, Western Nassau and Woodbury (excluding Oak Beach and Gilgo Beach where these services are not available). In these areas, a digital cable box or CableCARD-equipped device is required to receive these services.

†Except for the Bronx, Brooklyn, Elizabeth, Hudson, Newark, and Paterson services areas.
YankeeFan

YankeeFan

said by dm145:

†Except for the Bronx, Brooklyn, Elizabeth, Hudson, Newark, and Paterson services areas.

Is that Hudson County? If so, then the way I read that it means I don't need a TA....(Bayonne being part of Hudson County and all)????
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Bayonne is separate system and all

»www.optimum.com/channel_ ··· eups.jsp
YankeeFan

YankeeFan

Got the TA's today...problem solved.