Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to FFH5

Re: RCA has a tablet that receives OTA TV

I'll stick with my iPad and iPad mini.

RCA electronics are absolutely junk. We got our first color TV in 1992 and it lasted a year. It had to go for repairs so they could not fix it so they authorized a warranty replacement. The second one lasted another 2 years and it needed repairs along the way. So 2 RCA TVs lasted at total of three years before the last one ended up on the curb on trash day. We bought a Samsung 20" color TV and that lasted from 1995 to 2001. The Sony color TV that I bought in 2001 to replace the Samsung still works today. It is in my basement and used for watching the weather channel during tornado warnings. I also use it for Music Choice when doing work in the basement.

ShellMMG

join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
I have a 1st Gen iPad, tracked it from the slow boat from China (not kidding!) and I love it. The battery life after my constant use is still fantastic, and don't know how I ever survived without it.

My daughter got her first contract and an iPhone earlier this week. She has a 2nd Gen iPad but has fallen in love with the phone. If there's a plus for me -- other than shifting her off our contract -- it's that we can use iMessage rather than texting with dumb phones. I'll keep my dumbphone and cheap contract as long as I can, but texting is the absolute pits with it.

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

I'll stick with my iPad and iPad mini.

RCA electronics are absolutely junk. We got our first color TV in 1992 and it lasted a year. It had to go for repairs so they could not fix it so they authorized a warranty replacement. The second one lasted another 2 years and it needed repairs along the way. So 2 RCA TVs lasted at total of three years before the last one ended up on the curb on trash day. We bought a Samsung 20" color TV and that lasted from 1995 to 2001. The Sony color TV that I bought in 2001 to replace the Samsung still works today. It is in my basement and used for watching the weather channel during tornado warnings. I also use it for Music Choice when doing work in the basement.

I'll second that emotion.

Not sure whether it was Base 2 (printers), Packard Bell, Yugo, Government Motors, Haier or Coby that inspires them, but for the past decade, everything RCA is just patently awful. They give "junk" a bad name.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to ShellMMG
said by ShellMMG:

My daughter got her first contract and an iPhone earlier this week. She has a 2nd Gen iPad but has fallen in love with the phone. If there's a plus for me -- other than shifting her off our contract -- it's that we can use iMessage rather than texting with dumb phones. I'll keep my dumbphone and cheap contract as long as I can, but texting is the absolute pits with it.

I’m sorry to hear that. You do realize there are much better products out there other than that stuff with a shiny fruit on the back, right? I hope you remember to say thank you to RIM for that in your bedtime prayers. iMessage was a direct rip-off of Blackberry Messenger. Just one of Apples many so called ‘innovations’ that they stole from other companies, since they can’t innovate for themselves.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

Tomek
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Valley Stream, NY
reply to elray
Really Crappy Appliance.

That's why I stay away
--
Semper Fi