Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
reply to Mele20

Re: [FireFox] How do I get Fx to use Windows 8 chosen color?

Install Tab Mix Plus and you can set the tabs to use that pea soup vomit green color you like.

Anything else you can find at MozillaZine.
Just look for Chrome tweaks.
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

LOL....good thing you are not a local friend....you, unlike both friends and strangers here, would hate my home...most here love the seafoam green I use for accent color.

I am not sure why you would suggest a third party extension to fix Fx when I stated I did not want a third party solution...besides, I know you know that I would never give up Tree Style Tabs.

Fx has something very basic wrong with it if it refuses to use Windows colors just because it is running on Windows 8. If Opera developers had no problems with Opera on Windows 8, in regards to color, then I don't see why Mozilla developers would have a problem (and Sea Monkey has the problem also and it cannot use Tree Style Tabs but has the problem. On it though I can use multicolored tabs extension (which conflicts on Fx with Tree Style Tabs).
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable

I suggested the extension because that is the quickest way to change tab colors if you are not good at .css tweaking.

I have no problems with changing colors in Fx on Win8 because I took the time to hunt down or write .css to make changes.

Visit userStyles.org and look for Fx tweaks.

Before blaming Fx or Win8 I suggest you look for ways to change colors or contact the developer of the theme you use that hard coded in tab colors or failed to allow tabs to inherit Windows colors.
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"