spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dajaz27

@rr.com

[vps] Arvixe unable to fix server problems

It has been 12 hours and my clients sites are down because arvixe can not fix a mysql sever issues on thier puffin server. After spending time on the phone with tech support and being assured that it would be fixed it still is not fixed. I am not sure if these yahoo's have any clue how to fix their problem.

arvand

join:2011-03-04
Santa Rosa, CA

I'm sorry for your issues. There is no excuse for problems. As you do need your site online 24/7/365. But I do want to outline some issues I see with the way you are using our services -

1) You have outlined this as a VPS issue. You are on a shared plan.
2) It's a PersonalClass server. You are not allowed to host your clients on it for this specific reason. It's shared hosting. There will be issues. So if you are hosting your clients on it, that is not ok.
3) Ultimately, on a shared service, issues happen. However, for a shared service at ~$4 per month, we need to have a lot of customers on a server. What this means is that if there were say an innodb failure, it would require a lot more work to resolve. And hence the delays in getting it resolved.

We are working on this issue in this post on our services forum - »forum.arvixe.com/smf/servernetwo···8980/30/

ArvandArvix

@comcast.net
reply to dajaz27

I'm sorry for your issues. There is no excuse for problems. As you do need your site online 24/7/365. But I do want to outline some issues I see with the way you are using our services -

1) You have outlined this as a VPS issue. You are on a shared plan.
2) It's a PersonalClass server. You are not allowed to host your clients on it for this specific reason. It's shared hosting. There will be issues. So if you are hosting your clients on it, that is not ok.
3) Ultimately, on a shared service, issues happen. However, for a shared service at ~$4 per month, we need to have a lot of customers on a server. What this means is that if there were say an innodb failure, it would require a lot more work to resolve. And hence the delays in getting it resolved.

We are working on this issue in this post on our services forum - »forum.arvixe.com/smf/servernetwo···8980/30/