uniqs
bullwinkle
join:2011-03-19
Nepean, ON

bullwinkle to dontbackdown

to dontbackdown

Re: Teksavvy Voltage motion - Looking for some advice

said by dontbackdown :

The whole business model was about protecting the customer and they will have effectively thrown it out the window. If they fight the business will grow, if they don't it will die. Everybody stuck with Teksavvy through thick and thin because of this.

I have to disagree with you. As far as I can tell, it's more that their business model was about providing better - or at least, differentiated - value to customers. Their prior battles with the incumbents and the regulators were about sustaining their ability to provide their current and potential consumers as an aggregate with those other choices. That's very different from your expectation that they should defend individual customers who may have been implicated in court proceedings.

If your choice of ISP does depend on having that expectation met, then, yeah, you should look elsewhere for service.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by bullwinkle:

said by dontbackdown :

The whole business model was about protecting the customer and they will have effectively thrown it out the window. If they fight the business will grow, if they don't it will die. Everybody stuck with Teksavvy through thick and thin because of this.

I have to disagree with you.

Some lawyers are saying the same thing as "dontbackdown". Howard Knopff i one of them. See, »www.excesscopyright.blog ··· -in.html
... Will feisty, progressive Teksavvy, the ISP that has built its reputation on being customer-friendly, actually stand up and fight for its customers’ “privacy” without taking sides on “piracy”

Fight or flight.

If teksavvy just lets cippic handle it w/o involving themselves, they are going to lose face with a lot of people.

However my prediction is:
Teksavvy is loading the dice. That is, they are siding with and trying to let cippic handle it and if they fail to get intervention status then TSI will come out swinging. They are just leaving doors open. Or so I am hoping.
cynic10
join:2011-02-05

cynic10

quote:
However my prediction is:Teksavvy is loading the dice. That is, they are siding with and trying to let cippic handle it and if they fail to get intervention status then TSI will come out swinging.[i/] They are just leaving doors open. Or so I am hoping.

I truly hope you're right about this last part but I don't have much faith. Already looking for new ISP in my area, Start.ca seems to be the next to go to.

And this is what happens when you give copyright trolls an inch....another one bites the dust.

»torrentfreak.com/music-b ··· -130105/
What started out with Eircom agreeing to have The Pirate Bay blocked could now potentially lead to a few other Irish ISPs having to follow suit.

dontbackdown
@start.ca

dontbackdown to bullwinkle

Anon

to bullwinkle
They should defend all customer not individual ones. Last I checked this was not the problem of one individual but that of thousands. Do you even have any idea what you are defending? Lol
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to hm

to hm
said by hm :

However my prediction is:
Teksavvy is loading the dice. That is, they are siding with and trying to let cippic handle it and if they fail to get intervention status then TSI will come out swinging. They are just leaving doors open. Or so I am hoping.

I'm really hoping this is the case as well, especially since TSI has serious business concerns here. From poaching by other ISPs (I'm sure P2P users are cash cows for the likes of Bhell and Robbers), detriment to their short term reputation which will affect referrals and retention rates, and long term reputation as this will be the case everyone remembers. People won't remember the 20-30 person suits but they will remember the first mass lawsuit that set the standard of behaviour for other ISPs to follow.
JohnDoe187
join:2013-01-04

JohnDoe187

Does anyone know if CIPPIC has been given intervener status or when that would be given or denied?
Tong
join:2012-12-11
r3t 38x

Tong

We will find out on Jan 14th. Right now, they don't.