trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW

Re: IE Zero-Day

Then Microsoft is wrong, I have EMET working on Windows 8 just fine.
slajoh01
join:2005-04-23

slajoh01

Why do large corporations still use IE as their main browser instead of using Firefox or Chrome if IE is that bad?

Also, If MS is not rolling out the patch on Tues, then we have two options basically. Use another browser, or upgrade to IE 9 and 10.

I am not upgrading to 9 or 10. They will have security flaws anyway...Im seriously thinking about using FF as my main browser. Im thinking of it very very much.

How about the rest of you? Are u guys willing to move to a different browser after this mess?
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

Exactly. There is no point of upgrading to IE 9 or 10. Thing is a lot of companies have a crazy policy that does not allow to go with any other browser, but freaking IE.
slajoh01
join:2005-04-23

1 edit

slajoh01

And do people or users know if they have been attacked from this exploit? What are the signs and symtoms?

Ok, then let me ask this to everyone.
For those of u here who have always have been a fan of IE or has or is still using IE as their main browser, are u considering to use another browser?

The reason I like IE, because I can lock it down using the Group Policy editor. Firefox does not have this kind of "granular" control.
And thats perhaps one of the reasons why System Admins prefer to use IE at most companies.

Until MS rolls out this fix or patch, I will use FF instead....in the meantime.