Search similar:

uniqs
smartel
join:2008-05-31
Brossard, QC

smartel

High Speed DSL 25 - Modem

Hi,

High Speed DSL 25 is finally available at my address. I'll probably upgrade (from 5M/800K DSL) soon.

Now, looking at the specs (»teksavvy.com/en/resident ··· d-dsl-25), I was wondering about the modem. Is renting the Sagemcom for $8.00/month really the only option? It sums up rapidly to a huge pile of cash, over time...

Thanks
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

Unless something has changed, yes, you have to pay $8/month for the Sagemcom. You can use certain other modems that you can buy yourself (the experts can chime in on this), but you'll pay for the Sagemcom either way, unfortunately.
thm655321
join:2003-09-01
Canada

thm655321 to smartel

to smartel
Don't be so sure. The Bell website and Teksavvy's tool says 25/10 is available for me too, but in fact it isn't. I found that out the hard way, 2 weeks of Bell techs and numerous long calls with Teksavvy.
smartel
Brossard, QC

smartel

If Bell's web site tells me that FibeTV is available to my address, isn't it a good enough indication that 25/10 Internet is available? Since that service is relatively new, and an important development for them, I guess they would be careful not to screw around with potential consumers?
thm655321
Canada

thm655321

It says Fibe is available to me too, but it's not.

Worst part is you don't find this out until you go through the headache of trying to install it.

And I don't live in the boonies, I live in mid-town Toronto.
smartel
Brossard, QC

smartel

said by thm655321:

It says Fibe is available to me too, but it's not.

Just to be sure: it says that _FibeTV_ is available to you?
thm655321
Canada

thm655321

Yes.
kg77
join:2007-12-24

kg77 to smartel

to smartel
said by smartel:

I guess they would be careful not to screw around with potential consumers?

Thanks for that! I needed a good laugh today.

Bell even sent me a full colour ad in the mail to my address for Fibe TV saying it is now available in my neighborhood.... except that it is not...