share rss forum feed

Gizy
Have you thanked a soldier today?
Premium
join:2002-08-26
PNW
kudos:1

Movers

Does anyone have a mover recommendation for the greater Portland area? I need someone to load the truck, drive Lake Oswego to Vancouver and unload. I'm doing all the packing.

TIA.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

1 recommendation

I don't have any personal recommendations but last fall when we had to move my mom from on apartment unit to another (near Seattle), I used this site »www.movinghelp.com/ to find some movers. You can read the reviews to get an idea of what to expect.

(I was so lucky, the two guys I found were awesome and totally lived up to their previous customer reviews).
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Gizy
Premium
PNW

Thanks but I need them to provide the truck as well (I should have specified that.)
But I like the site. Getting customer reviews is ALWAYS helpful!

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

One thing to be VERY careful of is, SOME sleezy outfits (even some major name brand movers) offer one price before hand, and then jack the price up on unloading, sort of holding your stuff hostage.

Because you are moving across state lines (interstate commerce) means the big companies will be expensive.

a lot of people find Angies list to be a good starting place for local services
»www.angieslist.com/companylist/p···ving.htm

csiemers

join:2000-09-16
Portland, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Gizy

In August 2011 we used Priestley & Sons to move from SE to NE Portland. They took all the big furniture that we couldn't easily move. So I had 3 of them (have a piano) come, load up their truck, they met me at the new house and they put stuff exactly where I asked them.
It was the best $500 we spent as they took a great load off our minds by moving that stuff. We were able to move the rest ourselves.
--
»www.caryontech.com

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to Gizy

You moving, Gizy?

Gizy
Premium
PNW

1 recommendation

I'm moving across the river My office is moving May 1, and I was going to stay in my apartment where I"m at now and commute for 45 days (it's 30 miles each way, all freeway, which at rush hour is anywhere from 45-90 minutes), but since my lease here is up this month, the rent increase made staying financially impractical.

So I'm moving early. I finally found a place Friday night and I gave my 30 days yesterday. I move sometime after the 18th and before the end of the month.
--
Home of the free, because of the brave.
Please help AnySoldier
Dog Tags for Kids
Buy a soldier a cup of coffee

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17

1 recommendation

Good luck in the move. You like your new place?

Gizy
Premium
PNW

2 recommendations

I love it which is good considering there weren't many choices where I was looking to move to.

csiemers

join:2000-09-16
Portland, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Gizy

FYI, if you haven't called the movers yet, I'd advise calling as soon as possible. I had to call several companies before I found one that could move during the week I had off for the move. It was mid-week as they didn't have any weekend times open.
--
»www.caryontech.com

Gizy
Premium
PNW

Thanks for the heads up. I have a bit of flexibility and I'm actually hoping to get during the week, but I need to find out when our financial period ends first. My goal is to have that date tomorrow and the movers set up by end of the week. With this being local (and my boss being understanding) it makes it a whole lot easier!

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to Gizy

And no more income tax!

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

1 recommendation

Yeah, living and working in Vancouver is very good -- one can have the best of both worlds.