uniqs
jackie999
join:2008-08-13
Aurora, ON

jackie999 to fxsti

to fxsti

Re: Start Communications

Another happy 'start.ca' customer here.
Reading this thread I wonder..will start ever have it's own 'forum' here (yes, I know there is one but it's virtually impossible to find)? Start.ca works, support is good, price is the best (for me) and setup was idiot proof. Doesn't it take a load of threads for mods here to decide to move an ISP to the "Canadian catagory" forum? If start keeps on doing everything right, then I doubt we'll see them in the Canadian forum...in other words..the ISP's with the most complaints and problems seem to be front and center...

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

said by jackie999:

Reading this thread I wonder..will start ever have it's own 'forum' here (yes, I know there is one but it's virtually impossible to find)? Start.ca works, support is good, price is the best (for me) and setup was idiot proof. Doesn't it take a load of threads for mods here to decide to move an ISP to the "Canadian catagory" forum? If start keeps on doing everything right, then I doubt we'll see them in the Canadian forum...in other words..the ISP's with the most complaints and problems seem to be front and center...

Well remember initially there were loads of Teksavvy related threads in the Canadian Broadband forum (and also don't remember the overwhelming majority of those threads being negative ) before a new forum was created for Teksavvy (and easy to find).

Edit: i think the real solution is to not discourage people from creating new threads (with the subject having to do with Start) in Canadian Broadband.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by silvercat:

said by jackie999:

Reading this thread I wonder..will start ever have it's own 'forum' here (yes, I know there is one but it's virtually impossible to find) ? ....

....I think the real solution is to NOT discourage people from creating new threads (with the subject having to do with Start) in Canadian Broadband.

I'm glad that you both are pleased with START.

Though I personally do not find the 'Junior START forum' »Start.ca hard to find in the least, it's a tough call whether to post our individual START-related topic posts there, or to deliberately (maybe on purpose, even ) 'LITTER' the Canadian BroadBand forum with them, so that the mods cannot help but notice them, even if we were to say nothing further on the matter of a 'Front-Page' forum for START.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

said by Davesnothere:

Though I personally do not find the 'Junior START forum' »Start.ca hard to find in the least, it's a tough call whether to post our individual START-related topic posts there, or to deliberately (maybe on purpose, even) 'litter' the Canadian BroadBand forum with them.

I agree. It wouldn't be a good idea to litter the Canadian Broadband forum with Start-related posts -- just for the sake of creating more posts. Of course you know that wasn't my intent

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by silvercat:

I agree. It wouldn't be a good idea to litter the Canadian Broadband forum with Start-related posts -- just for the sake of creating more posts. Of course you know that wasn't my intent

Of course not !

But MY purpose was to ask "If we DO have something worthwhile to say/ask, then WHICH would be the better and more effective place to post ?", based upon how many folks would SEE it, as well as the eventuality of getting a primary forum for START.

(BTW, I edited my last post some more....)