spc
uniqs
clarkmelissa
join:2012-12-30
Big Stone Gap, VA

clarkmelissa to hamopKG4

to hamopKG4

Re: [speed/latency] Slow DSL 6PM-1AM. Same for my neighbor. Veri

Like my neighbor says, our speeds drop below dial up. Sometimes my upload speed exceeds my download speed.

Verizon doesn't seem to be able to figure out what the cause of this is. I was hoping to post here and maybe someone who is familiar with Verizon service can point us in the right direction as to how we can get this fixed ourselves or get Verizon on it to resolve it.

Thanks!

hamopKG4
@verizon.net

hamopKG4

Anon

At 1am EST my speed for download and upload is at 56k dial up speed. This is the problem we are talking about and seems that we can't get fixed. I have had this issue for a year and half now and Verizon has it on record that this happens. I have made several calls in the past year and half with zero results. I am about 90% convinced and ready to make the move to Comcast cable internet. I came to verizon after I left Comcast due to major disruptions in service and I had very good service up until about a year and half ago.

I am a National Weather Service sky-warn spotter and I work at home for myself on the computer. I cannot be having 56k dial up speeds for working at home or sky-warn.

.80mbps download and .70mbps upload is not acceptable.

Anon2525
@verizon.net

1 recommendation

Anon2525

Anon

Your symptoms usually mean that both of you are suffering from network congestion problems. Your DSLAM may be oversubscribed. The only permanent fix is for Verizon to add/upgrade equipment on their end, which they probably won't do because they have been trying to get out of copper-based broadband for a long time.

You can get an idea of where the problem is by running the line quality test from this site when you have the slowdown and when you don't: »/pingtest You need to sign up to run the test.

If you want to post your results here, be sure to use the results that block out your ip address.

Things that you might also want to do is go into your modem's GUI and find the speed at which you're syncing and find out what your SNR (signal to noise ratio) is and what your attenuation is.