how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kwaclaw

join:2007-07-14
Oshawa, ON

[Cable] Rogers gave me cable Internet that Teksavvy could not

I am curious about the rules for reselling Internet services.

I have been a satisfied Teksavvy DSL customer for 7 years. Recently I wanted to upgrade my speed to Cable 28, it seemed like a good deal.

Teksavvy had to ask Rogers for availability and Rogers told them I cannot have it. Fine, So I tried to go with Bell (through Teksavvy), but my location is not good for Bells 25mbps service.

It looked like I was out of luck, but just out of curiosity I called up Rogers directly and they told me everything up to 150mbps is available for me. So I switched to Rogers, as I had not other choice.

My question is: How can Rogers tell Teksavvy that they cannot hook me up, while at the same time Rogers is capable and willing to do the same if I was a direct customer.

Karl

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

Re: [Cable] Rogers gave me cable Internet that Teksavvy could no

Sadly, this is fairly simple: Some bored/incompetent Rogers employee lied to Teksavvy, either out of malice or ignorance.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to kwaclaw

Not the case. It appears the OP is in Oshawa which TSI does not have cable connectivity too. That Rogers cable POI is not currently serviced by Teksavvy. His area probably has not been groomed yet either for the 25Mbps by Bell. Look for posters saying that Fibe TV is available.

silvercat

join:2007-11-07
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to kwaclaw

said by kwaclaw:

So I switched to Rogers, as I had not other choice.

You had a choice: to switch to Start

But seriously, Teksavvy is not part of the Rogers aggregated network yet, which is why you can't get Teksavvy Cable in Oshawa, as c2roth also stated.

Leathal
Premium
join:2002-02-09
canada
reply to kwaclaw

What I have had to do in the past is go with whatever service from the key provider, Rogers or Bell and switch to Teksavvy. This way I know what I am capable of getting and the key provider can't lie so much.

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
reply to kwaclaw

Hello there,

I'm sorry to see you go, but can understand why if we are unfortunately unable to provide the service you require.

To answer you question, in this particular instance it was not a matter of being non-competitive or playing dirty. At this time we do not have access to the entire Rogers footprint and there are areas where Rogers is available but we, as of yet, are not.

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

kwaclaw

Oshawa, ON

Thanks for the explanation.

kwaclaw

Oshawa, ON
reply to creed3020

Bell initially stated I should be able to have the 25mbps service, but then called me back and stated that my location am too far from their equipment. When I asked if this situation would change in the future they said that this would likely never happen.

I assume Bell is not investing much into DSL anymore as they have already started with Fiber to the Home in some areas.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by kwaclaw:

Bell initially stated I should be able to have the 25mbps service, but then called me back and stated that my location am too far from their equipment. When I asked if this situation would change in the future they said that this would likely never happen.

I assume Bell is not investing much into DSL anymore as they have already started with Fiber to the Home in some areas.

There is no FIBRE to the Home. Unless you live in a spanking new hi rise in a bustling metropolis, they best you are going to see is Fibre to the remote in your neighbourhood.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

kwaclaw

Oshawa, ON

said by elwoodblues:

said by kwaclaw:

There is no FIBRE to the Home. Unless you live in a spanking new hi rise in a bustling metropolis, they best you are going to see is Fibre to the remote in your neighbourhood.

According to this, Bell is offering FTTH already:
»www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Promot···Internet

Qsig

join:2009-05-18
Kanata, ON

said by kwaclaw:

said by elwoodblues:

said by kwaclaw:

According to this, Bell is offering FTTH already:
»www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Promot···Internet

Bell is stringing fibre in places like Quebec City and Montreal I believe.

In any new residential areas since January 2012 (or about probably), Bell is putting fibre directly to the home as I bet they don't deem it feasible to put copper in. They can deliver phone, IPTV and internet all without any distance issues.

petecool

join:2011-09-22
Calgary, AB
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Videotron
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Yes there is, and it has been available for a while.

I'm in Laval, QC, an island just north of Montreal. Large areas have been "converted" - you can order the new services, and they will install them. The old copper is still active for now for current installs.

I also have a friend in Blainville further north that had it installed.

Both areas are 20-30 year old neighbourhoods and are definitely not "greenfield". Both have aerial distribution.