mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned)

A minivan I would drive

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· nPT4iqlw

And it's even a Chrysler...

I admit I have not looked at the minivan market in...ever. When did they start making turbo models?

Rifleman
Premium Member
join:2004-02-09
p1a

1 edit

Rifleman

Premium Member

I think it's an 87 model with the same 4 banger turbo as the shelby omini of the same vintage. Very fast when fed too much boost.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· mhuIxMLA

mjhouser
Premium Member
join:2001-10-06

mjhouser to mob

Premium Member

to mob
Back in 89 I almost bought one. I bought a new 84 Dodge turbo colt and it was very quick and ate transmissions.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77 to mob

Premium Member

to mob
1989 was the only year for a factory turbo, from Chrysler. It made 150hp from its 2.5L engine. They were kind of doggy until you got them going. Very little bottom end power and a ton of lag. Very tweakable engines though, and there are some enthusiasts out there making them real fast. I learned all this when I was researching vans years ago before we bought my wife's van. The later generation van in that video has an engine from a Dodge Neon SRT4 according to the description. Pretty cool burnout though.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

Actually, the new Chrysler Pentastar 3.6 V6 is pretty impressive. I think it's rated 283 HP. I have a 2013 model Chrysler minivan as a company car. It's actually got some real nice pickup. I was really surprised when I got it, then I did some research and found out all about it.

They're putting the thing in everything from Jeeps, other Chrysler/Dodge SUV's, the minivans, and apparently the RAM 1500.