spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pargoff
join:2006-07-05
Canton, MI

pargoff

The old WoW is gone forever...

I think we should all realize that WoW will never be what it used to be. Customer service is in the toilet. The video service is a shell of what it used to be. Hell I couldn't even get thru yesterday to CANCEL my service. How the hell does that work? Just keep the phone lines busy and no one can cancel? Sounds like a lawsuit to me. You know your company has gone to crap when people are actually switching TO Comcast. I'm sure we can all look forward to another "apology" email from the CEO. You want to apologize? Refund everyone for the garbage service you have been providing for a month.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

A lot of people don't have another solid choice to go to.

In my area we have Insight and AT&T if I want to switch. Well I came from Insight to WOW because the service with Insight was much much worse .. and they cost more for giving less than WOW did. AT&T I'll never go to because of DSL and the slow speeds they have.

I could go satellite but heard many horror stories of local channels coming and going based off if they want to offer them or not. My parents got dish network and a month after they signed up for a two year contract they lost local channels because dish didn't want to pay the fees for them anymore. They tried to cancel but dish said they couldn't because of the contract they signed up for. So basically dish can alter what they offer but the consumer can't.
WFE
join:2013-01-03
Sterling Heights, MI

WFE to pargoff

to pargoff
Funny, I just got a postcard in the mail today from WOW saying sorry but the phone system is much better now and most of the problems have been fixed. Ha Ha Seems they have a long way to go!

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj to pargoff

to pargoff
I'm really getting sick of these TV providers and their race to the bottom . I guess these TV providers just seem to think that everyone is so addicted to pay TV that they'll just put up with their crap.

I have a feeling that things will only get worse in the coming few years. Your bill is NOT going to go down and the value you're going to get is NOT going to improve. Hopefully OTA TV won't be cut back or eliminated. Hopefully the FCC and the broadcasters will stand their ground and not allow the cellular companies to take away any OTA TV spectrum.

Pardon my little rant...

Jdjdn
@wideopenwest.com

Jdjdn

Anon

Google may only be in one city, but their business model is beyond consumer friendly. Intel is trying to break into the Al a Carte model. Supposedly so is apple. Cable can fight all they want, startups may not be able to win the fight, but Intel, apple, and Google working towards the same goal will change the model. It will probably happen sooner rather than later. Probably within 5 years.
coastman49
join:2004-12-31

coastman49 to pargoff

to pargoff
Pargoff, you really "hit the nail on the head" in relation to WOW. Definitely not the old WOW, that I have given 12 years of my money and loyalty. I wish there were more good services to switch to. There aren't so I guess it is AT&T U-verse it is for me.
levis76
join:2013-01-06

levis76

We just switched from U-Verse a month ago and we can't get back to it fast enough. The pixelated screens and spotty internet is not worth saving $40/mo. I won't waste my time trying to call and cancel, I'll just let AT&T come out and reinstall their equipment and disconnect the WOW! gear then I'll go drop it off at the service center and tell them to go pack sand.
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11 to pargoff

to pargoff
This is sad to see happen. Many years ago when WOW was first available in my neighborhood, they were faster, cheaper, and had better customer service that Comcast.

WOWs speed advantage was the first to go. The price advantage seems to slowly be diminishing. And now finally the customer service advantage seems to be narrowing. I hope WOW can turn it around.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to pargoff

to pargoff
According to a FB post this is the company WOW outsourced their phone support to.

I had a special number for their Quality department and got good service from them. Wonder if that's gone too?

»www.sitel.com/
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991

If that's true, my gut reaction holds: they outsourced not only the call center but the billing system at the same time.

Venture (vulture) capitalists at their finest.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to baess

Premium Member

to baess
said by baess:

According to a FB post this is the company WOW outsourced their phone support to.

I had a special number for their Quality department and got good service from them. Wonder if that's gone too?

»www.sitel.com/

Sitel has served as our secondary call center for many years. Our primary call center is still in-house, and there's no plans to change that.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to pargoff

to pargoff
said by pargoff:

Hell I couldn't even get thru yesterday to CANCEL my service. How the hell does that work?

You can send them a email then don't pay your bill. I'm sure that will get some feedback.

What is wrong with your video service? Are you paying for X-Channels but only getting X channels? Just asking
clocks11

clocks11 to adam1991

to adam1991
said by adam1991:

Dude, give it a rest already!
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991

said by clocks11:

said by adam1991:

Dude, give it a rest already!

????
clocks11

clocks11

You have gone off about venture (or vulture as you repeatedly call it) capitalists in a large number of your posts. Your very own letter to WOW was taken off topic by it. It gets old. Do you even know anything about the company that owns WOW? How have they acted like Vultures? Do you think corporations like Comcast are more consumer friendly?

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to clocks11

to clocks11
said by clocks11:

This is sad to see happen. Many years ago when WOW was first available in my neighborhood, they were faster, cheaper, and had better customer service that Comcast.

WOWs speed advantage was the first to go. The price advantage seems to slowly be diminishing. And now finally the customer service advantage seems to be narrowing. I hope WOW can turn it around.

Gee, remove WOW and insert Sprint. Maybe we know where all the laidoff Sprint people went from 2009. Hey, they did provide WOW with it's backbone longdistance IP network so I wouldn't dismiss this idea.
clocks11

clocks11 to pargoff

to pargoff
The USA is lacking broadband competition. If we have 4-5 choices, instead of 1-3 choices, I think speeds, service, pricing etc. would be a lot better.

At some point maybe wireless service from AT&T, Verizon, etc will be a true competitor to cable/DSL. We are still probably 10 years away from seeing that.

Until then, I don't think it matter if shareholders own the cable companies, or venture capitalists. If there isn't much competition, they have no reason not to maximize their profits. 99% of us would do the same in their shoes.
pargoff
join:2006-07-05
Canton, MI

pargoff to tc1uscg

to tc1uscg
said by tc1uscg:

said by pargoff:

Hell I couldn't even get thru yesterday to CANCEL my service. How the hell does that work?

You can send them a email then don't pay your bill. I'm sure that will get some feedback.

What is wrong with your video service? Are you paying for X-Channels but only getting X channels? Just asking

constant msgs that the media player cannot connect to gateway. pixelation or no channel at all. can't get thru to WOW to troubleshoot anything. i can probably troubleshoot an issue as well as a tech can at this point.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

said by pargoff:

can't get thru to WOW to troubleshoot anything.

I called today and got through almost immediately.
prospector00
join:2011-02-24
Mount Prospect, IL

prospector00

said by baess:

said by pargoff:

can't get thru to WOW to troubleshoot anything.

I called today and got through almost immediately.

I got through almost immediately also. Unfortunately, I had to hang on the line for half an hour and talk to two different people to correct an obvious billing problem and I STILL don't even know if it's fixed because I'm at work and couldn't hang on any longer.

I've changed absolutely nothing with my service yet my bill went up $35 between November and December. Apparently from what the first guy told me they charged me for two media gateways on my December bill. Figured that out in the first five minutes, so why I had to hang on the line for another 25 minutes with still no resolution is beyond me. He said he had to transfer me to someone in the internet department, and then when that person picked up he had no idea who I was or what the issue was. Very disappointing. My bill better be corrected.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to adam1991

to adam1991
said by adam1991:

If that's true, my gut reaction holds: they outsourced not only the call center but the billing system at the same time.

I am pretty sure you would be hard pressed to find a cable or phone company that does not use some form of 3rd party billing/accounting system.. and I don't know what wow is currently using but most use a system called ICOMS to manage their billing/provisioning etc.

Also, I do not know of any telecom company that does not use some form of out sourced call centers (not necessary as primary but for fall over on over flow traffic during peak periods) -- The benefit to using an outsource is that based on call flow projections you can staff up for busy periods of the year etc.. and deviate for lower periods of time based on that call flow and that helps keep COSTS down to you and I the customers. [Your not paying someone to sit there for 20 minutes doing nothing during slow call volume periods].
Jeremy W
join:2010-01-21

Jeremy W

said by Matt7:

I am pretty sure you would be hard pressed to find a cable or phone company that does not use some form of 3rd party billing/accounting system..

Third party and outsourced are not the same thing.