dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
donniek
join:2013-01-03

donniek

Re: no connection in bridge mode

So I tried the power reset and that didn't fix it.

I could however tell that the router was trying to log in because the "I" on the netgear would blink and the "activity" light on the at&t modem would blink as well.

I came home yesterday to a message on my computer saying that at&t detected a username and password conflict on my network and needed to run software to correct it. Well it got to a point where it was gathering my information and it just eventually timed out.

Of course after complaining to at&t they sent me a "free" modem/router combo and that works perfectly fine. The signal is weak and my dual band $200 netgear router is now useless.

I guess AT &T just wants you to use their crap equipment. I used all the exact information on their stuff that I did on the netgear. I wish I didn't hate Comcast so much.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by donniek:

So I tried the power reset and that didn't fix it.

I could however tell that the router was trying to log in because the "I" on the netgear would blink and the "activity" light on the at&t modem would blink as well.

I came home yesterday to a message on my computer saying that at&t detected a username and password conflict on my network and needed to run software to correct it. Well it got to a point where it was gathering my information and it just eventually timed out.

Of course after complaining to at&t they sent me a "free" modem/router combo and that works perfectly fine. The signal is weak and my dual band $200 netgear router is now useless.

I guess AT &T just wants you to use their crap equipment. I used all the exact information on their stuff that I did on the netgear. I wish I didn't hate Comcast so much.

You "should" be able to disable the WiFi radio in the AT&T supplied gateway box, and use your Netgear router as a WiFi access point in order to be able to take advantage of the Negear router's better WiFi capabilities.

Here is a generic link from this site's »Wireless Networking forum that describes how to use a WiFi router as an access point: »Wireless Networking Forum FAQ »Using a Wireless Router as an Access Point

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

1 edit

Hayward0 to donniek

Premium Member

to donniek
said by donniek:

Well that certainly makes it easier for them.

Again as mentioned above... was lucky to get a rep that actually knew something... and before they could start scripting me told them everything I'd tried and how I had diagnosed it (bad net PW everything else just fine) and no I am NOT unbridging the modem just give me the password that may have for some reason changed.
But it is now their cryptic unchangeable PW not my own so no real way to remember.
They agreed and after the security questions just gave me that and corrected everything... Saved them time and me frustration.
But again odd that would be the ONLY thing my router would forget and all else working. This time it went in the filing cabinet. Next time, maybe know no somehow you changed it without notice.
And it happen right around midnight when such a thing would happen.