Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to Corehhi

Re: Big difference between Osny and others

quote:
I didn't even know Sony still made the Walkman
Where have you been? Sony has branded their MP3 Player line as Walkman for years. And there are two lines of the Walkman, the Z Series and the newer F Series that run Android. I’ve had a 32 GB Sony Walkman Z since they first released it in the US in March or April of last year. These two models are infused with Sony’s S-Master MX technology which results in absolutely amazing sound quality and has a bunch of audio enhancement options and a 5 band EQ with separate bass control. The audio quality of this thing blows away any iPod. The Walkman F uses the same exact technology, but runs Ice Cream Sandwich and has a faster processor. I would get that one too, but Sony shrunk the screen down. My Z is 4.3”, the F is only 3.5”. If I saw value in a tiny screen I’d go buy the latest hunk of shit from Apple. Just kidding, I'd rather have poisonous snakes devour me alive then go back to using lame Apple products.

I use it every day to stream via Bluetooth to my Big Jambox and when I want to go louder, since this and all Sony devices are DLNA compliant, unlike the crap Apple pumps out, I can wirelessly stream my personal music collection to my Home Theater Receiver and 7.1 speaker set up. When I want to listen to online sources I use the Pandora and Sirius XM apps on the Walkman or tune into some online radio stations on the Shoutcast network on the Winamp amp.

»store.sony.com/c/S_Walkman_Audio···ayers:ss

Walkman is also alive in software form. The name of the default media player app on Sony Xperia tablets is also called Walkman. And it is by far the best media player app I’ve used on any mobile platform.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC
Steve the only music player I have is a $12 one I picked up at Big Lots or something like that. It's a straight knock off of an Ipod shuffle. That's all I need. In fact I simply don't waste my money on all these tech gadgets.

BTW I had a Sony walkman, top of the line back in 1980 used it for years and it was expensive I think it was something like $90 back then.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
The only motivation I have to drag my sorry fat ass out of bed every day and waddle into work is to get money to feed my tech addition. I’m on my fourth smartphone in less than a year, and third $1K+ Home Theater receiver in two years. That should tell you a lot about how much I worship at the altar of all things electronic. Not sure what $90 is in today’s money, but have you beat I’m sure. I paid $330 for my Walkman plus another nearly $100 for a screen protector and case, both of which were Japanese imports, hence why they cost so much as the bulk was shipping.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
One question about your Walkman:

Does it sort properly by folders and make it easy to navigate your collection that way (ie, a fucking button or two for it)?

Okay, that was actually two.

I despise sorting by id3 tag. I refer to that as the braindead itunes way.
--
Think Outside the Fox.