join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to egeek84

Re: [Bill] $1.99 change of service fee for returning equipment

said by egeek84:

I agree with the OP, all these sly charges are ridiculous. "Change of service" fee? really? That's called normal customer account changes, there shouldn't be a fee for it if it simply involves changing a package on an account in a matter of seconds. If it involves someone coming out, I can understand that but come on. Oh and the beauty is when you upgrade your services and there is NO CHARGE at all but when you downgrade, you get 'penalized' with this charge, how rich.

The thing is, I didn't even change my service. I'm still on the same package I was. All I did was return a box I wasn't using. I wasn't being charged for it, but I wasn't using it. Would Comcast rather me put the box in my closet or something? It seems like they would since they charged me for returning it.
--
The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
Yeah, you were just returning unused equipment without disconnecting any "outlets."

On the last full Price Schedule I have, under the section titled "Installation Charges," it has:
Change of Service:
:
Add or Delete Service (subsequent to initial install and (a) customer picks up or drops off converter, or (b) addressable addition or deletion).................$ 1.99
Did you notice if any of your "Additional Outlet" charges were removed with this?

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by telcodad:

Did you notice if any of your "Additional Outlet" charges were removed with this?

I don't have an "Additional Outlet" fees to begin with which is why I was kind of hanging on to the boxes for awhile. I do have 3 (one unspecified and two "TiVo CableCard") additional outlets listed on my bill for $0.

The main reason I returned them is because Comcast will start charging for DTA's this month and I was hoping returning the HD box would remove the HD Technology fee (no such luck).

Comcast did give me a partial credit of $1.22, but I have no idea what that is for. Maybe it's for the HD box, which they weren't charging me for?

I've given up lately trying to make sense of my bill.

Comcast hasn't sent me a full price schedule for awhile now. The last thing I got was a price change listing and that didn't have anything listed for changing service, only for self installation kits (which are now $15).
--
The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.