spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sanek

join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON
reply to HKPolice

Re: [Cable] Youtube lags at night still, upgrade cache servers?

There have been problems with cache servers for a while now (look up my posts from like a month ago). It's not as bad now as its been before Christmas, but it could be because the demand dropped for the holiday season (don't know if that's the case).

It's been mostly OK during the holiday season and still OK at the moment for me.

Just for the record, I always verify the connection speed first and then speed I get to the cache server (visible in NetLimiter).

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

It has been really odd because you can watch a video that buffers perfect, followed by a video that won't buffer at all, followed by another video that goes perfect..

I find if I try to replay a video later that didn't buffer earlier, it still doesn't work.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by resa1983:

It has been really odd because you can watch a video that buffers perfect, followed by a video that won't buffer at all, followed by another video that goes perfect..

I find if I try to replay a video later that didn't buffer earlier, it still doesn't work.

I would check which cache node you're hitting with each time you're playing. It sounds like you're hitting a different node each time the behaviour changes.

Sanek

join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

Look here:
»Re: [Cable] Why is Youtube streaming on Cable always brutally sl

Also, you can try viewing a video (make sure it gets loaded completely), then closing the page and reopening it again. There is a good chance that it will play from the cache server the second time.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

yes, i would also have videos that would just stop buffering entirely 20-50% in requiring me to refresh the page and it usually fixed it. these seem to all be signs of broken caching.