uniqs

Joe6pack
@comcast.net

Joe6pack to wTheOnew

Anon

to wTheOnew

Re: Extreme 50 Config File Name?

said by wTheOnew:

On a side note, does it bother anyone else that Blast has extreme in the name and Extreme has blast in the name?

You might be on to something!

I tried to upgrade to Extreme 50 but after several tech visits they were never able to get it working beyond 36 down/6 up. Maybe the speed failure was due to something as simple as the wrong config file being sent?

I gave up and downgraded back to Blast. I'll try re-ordering Exterme 50 in a year or so.
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

3 edits

wTheOnew

12 hour window to get the issue fixed today. Why am I not surprised it's still wrong?

Edit: After about a half hour on the phone I finally got to someone that knew what they were doing. Took them all of 5 minutes. Now why, Comcast, did it take nearly a week to do 5 minutes worth of work?
firehazemt
find em hot, leave em wet
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08
Pineville, LA
Asus RT-AC87
ARRIS CM3200

firehazemt

Premium Member

dont feel bad.....i started on performance and had the 10$ blast speed boost. come to find out for almost a year i didnt have the blast i was paying for. i decided to get the 50/10 and spent 2 hours on the phone with a rep that couldnt get the config file to stick to the widebandblast file... after 2 hours she said ill call you back...well come monday and no call back i called back and it took another rep i kid you not 5 min to make it work.... makes you wonder why some reps cant get anything done and some can with no issue what so ever

JigglyWiggly
join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

JigglyWiggly to wTheOnew

to wTheOnew
because their support team is mostly full of derps
comcast steve could have probably fixed it for you

when i got the wrong config assigned to my modem, comcast steve fixed it in like 30 seconds.