Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

2 Tomato Enabled Routers and 1 network

Hey guys

This may be a simple thing or it could be complex.

I have 2 Cisco/Linksys routers with Tomato on them (E4200 and E900). I wanted to use the E900 as a repeater in my basement.

I have a wired CAT6 running throughout the house but only have 1 line in the basement near the new tv/receiver (both are connected to the net).

So I have the Cat6 from the basement running into the E900 and have the wireless sid set to the same id and password I have configured on the e4200 up stairs.

I've tested it with devices and when I go into the basement it does switch to the E900 and when I'm up stairs it switches to E4200.

What is the best way of configuring these two devices to work in harmony. I don't want the people on the middle floor/main floor flipping back and forth between the 2 devices.

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

Different id and password, and pick the strongest signal,

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to mau108

said by mau108:

What is the best way of configuring these two devices to work in harmony. I don't want the people on the middle floor/main floor flipping back and forth between the 2 devices.

It sounds like you already have what you want. The client selecting the strongest signal. What exactly is the problem with that ?