spc
uniqs
Speedy Petey
join:2008-01-19

Speedy Petey to pandora

to pandora

Re: My addition will take almost 2 miles of Cat 6

said by pandora:

You are amazingly close. There are 4 outlets in each bedroom, each outlet has 7 Cat 6 and 3 Coax run to it. The average run is about 50-70' (more toward the center of the house).

Each room will have 28 Cat 6 and 12 RG 6 coax in 4 locations.

HAHAHAHAHA

In a BEDROOM??
WHAT IN THE WORLD is your justification for this???
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

said by Speedy Petey:

A serious case of switchaphobia...

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

1 recommendation

Jack_in_VA to Speedy Petey

Premium Member

to Speedy Petey
said by Speedy Petey:

said by pandora:

You are amazingly close. There are 4 outlets in each bedroom, each outlet has 7 Cat 6 and 3 Coax run to it. The average run is about 50-70' (more toward the center of the house).

HAHAHAHAHA

In a BEDROOM??

+1

I have better things to do in the bedroom that doesn't require 28 cat 6 and 12 RG-6 coax in four locations. One location is sufficient.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to Speedy Petey

MVM

to Speedy Petey
said by Speedy Petey:

said by pandora:

HAHAHAHAHA

In a BEDROOM??

HTPC, internet-connected TV, video game console, some type of net enabled STB/ruku/etc, networked AV receiver. For satellite two runs for satellite and a 3rd for OTA. And all those things are needed more or less at the same spot with a typical setup.

Yes a switch can enable all the networking on one outlet. And I believe that all the satellite TV can be run on a single coax now (but I may be wrong). So I could see a possible use for 6+3 outlets. Now I think that many on every wall is excessive. Especially in a bedroom. Maybe on opposite walls would be a little easier to swallow. But it's not my money...

If I was building a house, a drop on each wall would be nice of 2 coax and two network. Or at a minimum, a smurftube where a run could be ran down the road after the walls sealed up. For a living room or very large room that is likely to be rearranged, or for one that has multiple doorways, a fireplace, or other design where cables can not easily be routed just along the floorboards, then multiple larger drops would be nice.