uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to rfhar

Re: [FireFox] Need to Backup all my Firefox Settings, but where?

said by rfhar:

I use MozBackup

»mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Gee, I had forgotten about this! THANKS. I used to use this for years.

Are you using it on Windows 8? I don't see Win 8 as being supported.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

said by Mele20:

said by rfhar:

I use MozBackup

»mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Gee, I had forgotten about this! THANKS. I used to use this for years.

Are you using it on Windows 8? I don't see Win 8 as being supported.

I also have been using this for a long time. Works perfectly in Windows 8. My standard procedure is to use this to back up my bookmarks and settings before I uninstall to install new beta versions of Firefox (or standard versions). I do not install new versions of Firefox over the top of old versions.

I faithfully use Revo Uninstaller Pro to install all of my programs with as well as Firefox and then I uninstall using the same program before I install a new version of Firefox. Mozilla Backup restores everything perfectly for me each and every time.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

That's good to know that it works in Windows 8. Thanks. I'll get it now. I'm going to need to move to the current Fx ESR version soon (I'm still using 10 ESR) so this will come in handy.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9

With (min) 5 Firefox profiles on the go, Create Synchronicity backs it all up (or syncs) in a flash.

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23

Mele20 - I got the FF 10.0.11ESR which is the current version.

You can check it here to see if any updates are current.
»www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/or···all.html

Its very fast and snappy.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 edit

Firefox 17.0.1 is latest ESR
ESR has a two cycle overlap. ESR 10 reaches end of life with Firefox 19 release.
Scroll down the page: »www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/or···all.html

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to slajoh01

As chachazz has pointed out, the latest Fx ESR version was released in November 2012. Fx 10 ESR was originally released in Feb 2012 and will no longer be supported as of February 2013. There is an overlap of approximately three months when both versions are supported. This is done so that enterprise users have some time in which to test the new version (while the current version they have is still supported) before deploying within their company.

I would have upgraded in November except that is when I got a new computer with Windows 8 and had enough on my plate trying to get used to Win 8 that I did not want to also have a new browser version (with no multiple profiles like it has been forever with Fx and other changes that would seem big to me) to get used to so I decided to take advantage of the approximately three month overlap and use the older ESR version during the overlap time.
--