Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand

[Thunderbird] Thunderbird suddenly opening two instances

Running the latest version of TB with Lightening Calendar add-on. This has been working fine until the last few days. Now, all of a sudden, when I start TB it is opening two separate instances - one with the Calendar tab showing and one without. I have two TB tabs showing in the taskbar - clicking on one tab brings up TB with the calendar tab visible, clicking on the other tab brings up TB without the calendar tab visible. If I close one tab, TB completely closes. If I look in Task Manager there is only ONE instance of TB showing.

I have not installed any new add-ons and have changed nothing in my system.

Anybody any idea why this has suddenly started happening or how I can fix it?

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable
You could try fixing it by using the Profile Manager and letting Tb rewrite the links to the Profile folder & Program.

»kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"

banditz71
Premium
join:2001-04-03
Aubrey, TX
Reviews:
·Speed of Light B..
reply to Justakiwi
I had the same problem......while Thunderbird is open, press alt-F4.....that closes the extra instances and prevents it in the future.

»forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic···=2622605

............................................................................................
............................................................................................
--
Phenom II x4 965 / 8GB RAM , AT&T Uverse (24/3)(Home), Speed of Light Broadband (WISP-10/2)(Work) , Network= (3) Win 7, (6) WinXP(SP3), 2Wire/Netgear Routers Home & Work, Firefox / Thunderbird

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand
reply to Justakiwi
Awesome. Thanks! Alt + F4 fixed it for me too.