spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to Arcturus

Re: If TekSavvi doesn't fight on Jan 14th, I'm leaving them.

if you read hte copyright law it has network provisions that limit the isps liability and it basically in lamens terms says that if and as long as your not telling people to infringe and say running a torrent site or infringing software that they cant be held liable for we the users actions

also a not long ago case in bc that went to the supreme court sais that also again its up to the users to visit an infringing link as in
no problem to BE a torrent site and post the links to the torrents as they are not the infringing material and its YOU the user that is responsible for your actions. ergo the isp nor a website can be held liable. THATS A SUPREME COURT ruling where someone tried to sue based on someone linking to other content.

i also found bad news ina sense

one little line gave voltage more power to sue for commercial infringement if they can prove profits were made on there stuff.
BUT good news is in the same section as listed the non commercial damages they list the commercial ones.

and its crazy
500-20000 FOR ALL INFRINGEMENTS
voltage cant sue you for 10000 for 3 movies the law does not permit that.
in fact when the new trek comes out you could by the way that is worded go sell 30000 dollars worth turn yourself in and give them 20 grand and walk away laughing

again this is further proof this law should be struck down as that is telling counterfeiters the real harmers the wrong message.

poor folk are cruelly and unusually going to bear the brunt of the force of this law.

now im not a lawyer seek one please, and my views are me also learning as i go too and yea under 14000 income you can get legal aid BUT there are issues when it comes to federal courts and what you can get legal aid FOR. i urge people to check this out

also the small claims courts max was upped 2 january's ago to 25000

also learning that they removed a section that gave federal courts the last say in all matters which is a weird one and i think what they are trying to do is give each province a chance to find its own ways with this law. SO a more conservative province like alberta might go harder on you then , quebec and ontario , primarily a NDP/liberal area.
that part should also be struck down it creates confusion in the law and charter rights usually forbid that and ask for clarity when it comes to a law.

NOW voltage has waived statutory to goto commercial punitive damages so can someone give me
a site to read up on how that all works.

the idea here is to provide at least some knowledge to the users and i think going forward that things like this to help people will mitigate risk and allow us all to better enjoy the larger internet.

it took me an hour t find on google for example the full re-amended full copyright law.
its not nice of a govt to only post the amended bits and i'd argue the charter tells you to make stuff clear , that adds total confusion for any citizen wishing to learn about the laws of our land. I think it is dne on purpose as previous govts did not do that.

Liberals yes would post the changes and then link to the new bill in its entirety.

oh and i bought myself a bluray writer that came with burn software so i can put my own works onto such....funny as heck you need to pay to upgrade to put your own videos on to a disk , basically they shipped me a back up device .....ergo you can burn files but not videos.

Funny thought i'd share that with you all that i prolly will just make videos and such and NOT do any HD stuff and not do dvdr and not do bluray cause of this law ...i actually want people to play with my stuff and enjoy it.

my 2 cents....

oh and one other aspect if some other person uploaded the already cracked dvdr they should not try the anti circumvention bits on anyone ...and marc if ya goto iptv stuff please oh god please dont turn into the big bad wolf on us all and look around for animators and people willing to cheaply make stuff and do a decent quality...

i'd pay for a new thing that has little in league with all thats out there...i'd help it get off the ground as best i could.BUT if you get into iptv are you just a dumb pipe anymore? Will you sue people that download yourstuff? See how it goes....thats a part that it all went wrong with isps....

Grappler

join:2002-09-01
Ottawa, ON
said by funny0:

now im not a lawyer seek one please, and my views are me also learning as i go too and yea under 14000 income you can get legal aid BUT there are issues when it comes to federal courts and what you can get legal aid FOR. i urge people to check this out

it took me an hour t find on google for example the full re-amended full copyright law.
its not nice of a govt to only post the amended bits and i'd argue the charter tells you to make stuff clear , that adds total confusion for any citizen wishing to learn about the laws of our land. I think it is dne on purpose as previous govts did not do that.

As you stated you are not a lawyer and the statements you are making are borderline outrageous, at least when you do make a statement provide the link to support that statement:

Legal Aid in Ontario (a provincial matter), income levels cap at $18K gross for a single person. You are incorrect to state that a person can get Legal Aid for under $14K income, you are also incorrect stating there are issues when it comes to Federal Court, if you wish to help then let the people form there own opinions by also directing them to the appropriate source, in this case:

»www.legalaid.on.ca/en/default.asp.

#2 - The government did not just post "amended bits" of the Copyright Act, the full act up to date can be found here:

»laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts···dex.html

And here:

»www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/r···-42.html

Incidentally both links show up on the first page of a Google search.