bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

1 recommendation

bluepoint to Happydude32

to Happydude32

Re: [TWC] What is the REAL reason...

said by Happydude32:

Low viewership.

No reason to pay for a channel and waste bandwidth for a channel nobody ever watches. I for one am absolutely thrilled that it is gone and ecstatic that I won’t be paying Time Warner to carry this channel most people didn’t even know existed.

You think you'll get a rebate from TWC by removing the channel from the lineup? So far all I see are increases..
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

said by bluepoint:

said by Happydude32:

Low viewership.

No reason to pay for a channel and waste bandwidth for a channel nobody ever watches. I for one am absolutely thrilled that it is gone and ecstatic that I won’t be paying Time Warner to carry this channel most people didn’t even know existed.

You think you'll get a rebate from TWC by removing the channel from the lineup? So far all I see are increases..

Don't need any rebate. Not have that trash on my cable service is worth it to me!

Current is Gone! Yes! YES!!! YES!!!!

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

said by Happydude32:

Don't need any rebate. Not have that trash on my cable service is worth it to me!

Current is Gone! Yes! YES!!! YES!!!!

But that is one of TWC's reason on why they're dropping the channel, to keep the monthly fee low.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

I'm not playing your games. I know what you're doing and you know what you're doing. But personally speaking, I have not had a single price increase in the two plus years that I’ve been a Signature Home subscriber on the core package. Infact with the advent of the Premium View add on, my cable bill has decreased $17/month.

Money savings isn’t everything. Time Warner likely paid a dime for this channel. I’m sure if you call up and complain they’ll give you some type of temporary credit or HBO or something, that is equal to a lifetime of savings by not carrying this low budge lame inde POS channel. When I first saw Current was being dropped, I got up an did an Irish jig and blasted the song ‘Kiss Him Good-Bye’ by Steam.

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

The most viewers Current ever got during prime time was 42,000 viewers. As far as Hallmark channel's ratings, they were huge.

»tvbythenumbers.zap2it.co ··· /156454/

As far as the top 96 cable channels in the 3rd quarter, Current ranked 92 out of 96. »www.scribd.com/doc/10884 ··· ll-Cable

In short, informercials stations were beating Current resoundingly. Remember that everytime you watch the Shark vacuum cleaner commericial. More people watched the Shark vacuum than anything presented on Current 7 to 1.