uniqs
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to Sanek

Premium Member

to Sanek

Re: [Cable] Youtube lags at night still, upgrade cache servers?

It has been really odd because you can watch a video that buffers perfect, followed by a video that won't buffer at all, followed by another video that goes perfect..

I find if I try to replay a video later that didn't buffer earlier, it still doesn't work.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by resa1983:

It has been really odd because you can watch a video that buffers perfect, followed by a video that won't buffer at all, followed by another video that goes perfect..

I find if I try to replay a video later that didn't buffer earlier, it still doesn't work.

I would check which cache node you're hitting with each time you're playing. It sounds like you're hitting a different node each time the behaviour changes.
Sanek
join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON

Sanek to resa1983

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

Look here:
»Re: [Cable] Why is Youtube streaming on Cable always brutally sl

Also, you can try viewing a video (make sure it gets loaded completely), then closing the page and reopening it again. There is a good chance that it will play from the cache server the second time.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to resa1983

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

yes, i would also have videos that would just stop buffering entirely 20-50% in requiring me to refresh the page and it usually fixed it. these seem to all be signs of broken caching.