uniqs

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to spock8

to spock8

Re: [BC] Shaw Upload Speed

said by spock8:

No its not minus overhead. The profile sync is higher so you will receive 25/2.5

Not even close. The profiles sync higher, and QoS allows some wiggle room. With my PVR recording 3HD streams, my internet speeds dropped to 17Mb/s X 1.7Mb/s. They do sync the line higher, but the more STB's will bring the speeds down. QoS can only do so much

spock8
join:2012-07-08

spock8

said by rustydusty:

said by spock8:

No its not minus overhead. The profile sync is higher so you will receive 25/2.5

Not even close. The profiles sync higher, and QoS allows some wiggle room. With my PVR recording 3HD streams, my internet speeds dropped to 17Mb/s X 1.7Mb/s. They do sync the line higher, but the more STB's will bring the speeds down. QoS can only do so much

So rusty you currently have Optik?

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

said by spock8:

said by rustydusty:

said by spock8:

So rusty you currently have Optik?

Negative, got rid of it after my 3rd Actiontec device failed. Last time was on a long weekend, had to wait 4 days till I had TV and Internet again. Also got no compensation for all the downtime on either occasion. Their new service definitely interests me, for the internet only. I can't get over the fact they don't supply a modem only device if requested.

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada

jtl999

ALU or bridge mode. Bingo.

spock8
join:2012-07-08

spock8

Like you say rusty the difference between shaw and telus can be different in each area. On vancouver island I experienced huge swings in ping and speed depending on the time of day with shaw. Shaw made gaming and voip quality suffer during prime time. I was also getting tired of the constant price increases last year. I went to telus for tv and internet and was happy. I ended up moving to teksavvy because I like how they run their business. I now get my tv via ota and netflix

When I had optik my modem would sync to 34m down 3.2up

I had no issues getting 25meg down when recording 2HD streams. When using 3hd stream I would get 20m down.

Currently I'm using teksavvy and receive these speeds 24/7

ping was a little high from qos rules, my wife was on the phone