»www.amazon.com/Motorola-SurfBoar···8ZXRDWC3
--
RoadRunner - Motorola SB 5120

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5

the white color is oogly compared to the black version.

mind21_98

join:2006-05-13
San Diego, CA
reply to bwash

IIRC, the 6141's been available on Amazon for a while, just from the Marketplace and not Amazon themselves. That said, I prefer the black one way more than the white one.

jimk
Premium
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms

said by mind21_98:

IIRC, the 6141's been available on Amazon for a while, just from the Marketplace and not Amazon themselves. That said, I prefer the black one way more than the white one.

The 6141s sold on the marketplace weren't retail box models... they appeared to be in plain packaging targeted towards direct sales to cable companies (who don't care about a pretty box).

This doesn't really matter, but having an official retail version means it will be easier to find, and should make the pricing more competitive. The prices have already come down... the retail version is $100 which is less than the SB6141 was previously selling for on the Amazon marketplace.

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
reply to bwash

I just saw this post at FatWallet...hurry, good price on the SB6141 at EBay. People are bidding $67 and $68 and getting accepted for that price level.

»www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-dea···t=1#last

JohnnyG101
Mafiaoso
Premium
join:2000-12-25
Charlotte, NC

Good stuff, thanks. Hoping my offer is accepted.
--
Driving with 2 feet since 1999

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

said by JohnnyG101:

Good stuff, thanks. Hoping my offer is accepted.

I purchased a new 6141 from Amazon a few months ago - commercial package for $80. You have to check amazon often as the prices are always changing - you might even try from a different computer or user as Amazon got busted a few years ago for offering different prices based on your mined information....
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

JohnnyG101
Mafiaoso
Premium
join:2000-12-25
Charlotte, NC
reply to JohnnyG101

Thanks, got one for 67

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable
reply to swintec

On Amazon at this moment the prices are:

White $99.99 (Ships from and sold by Amazon)
Black $89.89 (Sold by Miakota, fulfilled by Amazon)

I suppose the white one wouldn't show the dust as much, but how many of us have this located where anyone would care? Mine is in the basement with the rest of my network gear.
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
reply to JohnnyG101

JohnnyG101, you are welcome. $67.00 Sure beats the Amazon prices being discussed here. And free shipping also !

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
reply to bwash

Just make sure TWC stops charging you the rental fee after you return their equipment (get a receipt). They kept charging me for 3 months until I went ballistic on customer retention department - got 2 months free service for my troubles
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to bwash

Not specific to a cable modem or anything on topic, but always check the prices on items offered by third party retailers on the Amazon Market Place before checking out, especially if you live in an area where taxes are charged on Amazon purchases. I have saved hundreds of dollars in the past year or two by buying items on the Amazon Market Place from retailers located outside of NY State. When I bought one of my routers, Amazon themselves had it for $190 plus tax and shipping. A third party reseller out of California had it for $200, but no tax, no shipping. Guess which one I went with?

Sometimes it’s not a significant savings. Last week I ordered the Sony OEM Keyboard/cover for my tablet, retail is $100, Amazon has it for $80 + tax. Got it for $75 straight up from I believe J&R Music out of California on the Market Place. Shipping was quick too. ETA was Jan 8-10, it actually came yesterday.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

btB

@rr.com
reply to bwash

How does the SB6141 compare to the Cisco 2100? Tech told that the Cisco was good at not dropping weak signals. Well, at least it was better than the Ambit or whatever that brand my old modem was. Anyhow, I would prefer something that is not worse that the Cisco 2100.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY
reply to bwash

I bought the SB5101U a few months ago because the SB6141 was too expensive but now that it is more affordable should I change over to the SB6141. All I have is Earthlink Standard.

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to btB

Problem is that Cisco 2100 is not on tw approved device list

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
reply to bwash

I'm renting the black version. I like the white one MUCH better. It would match my new computer which is white and black but more white than black...it is really fine looking as is the white modem. I'm so glad to see a return finally to white hardware...much nicer looking in your home and doesn't show the dust...I just wish my new keyboard and mouse were white. Black looks like office equipment.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Mele20:

I'm renting the black version. I like the white one MUCH better. It would match my new computer which is white and black but more white than black...it is really fine looking as is the white modem. I'm so glad to see a return finally to white hardware...much nicer looking in your home and doesn't show the dust...I just wish my new keyboard and mouse were white. Black looks like office equipment.

I remember there was SB4100s in white. Was there a 5100 or 5101 in white?

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

I had the 4100 from 2001 (when I first got RR) to Jan 2005 and it was white...actually a sort cream or light grayish sand color...not really white like the sides of my new Special Edition Dell XPS 8500 desktop. In January 2005, I traded the 4100 for a 5100 and it was black. I think it came in black only. But we were not allowed to buy our own until a few months ago so I am not sure if retail 5100 came in white also since I couldn't buy my own I didn't pay too much attention to what color they were. Oceanic only gave out black ones.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson