share rss forum feed

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to Cheese

Re: An iPhone Lover's Confession: I Switched To The Nexus 4

said by Cheese:

It's obvious it's an issue with his phone.

You can't keep your own promises, can you?
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1

That post, wasn't directed at you.

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

1 recommendation

reply to OZO

said by OZO:

said by Cheese:

It's obvious it's an issue with his phone.

You can't keep your own promises, can you?

Trying to get someone to go away does not make you right. However if you repeat it often enough you may not have to hear it any more. Didn't you post here to hear other opinions and help if necessary? Or are you merely trolling?
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007

OZO
Premium

I post my personal experience and observations here. Sorry if it's not the same as yours. Repeating "it's an issue with his phone" is trolling in my books...
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

You actually sound like an Ifan trying to get validation for his misled opinions on an Android forum. It isn't going to happen. By the way did you really have these experiences or are you just repeating what you may have overheard? If you did have an android phone and had these problems where are your posts from that time?
--

OZO
Premium

And now you're trying to start the trolling of this thread too...
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

No. Actually, if you stiill have the phone let's fix it. Otherwise what are you looking for?
--

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
reply to OZO

It's you who is trolling...this thread was about someone switching, and you come in with your rant about YOUR problems claiming it's an Android problem.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16

1 recommendation

reply to OZO

So what's the make and model of the phone and on what network? You fail to mention that in any of your trolling.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
reply to OZO

said by OZO:

As you see, the question about third party tool that kills the app was rather a rhetorical one.

Android is programmed to kill tasks when an available RAM threshold is reached. When that available RAM threshold is reached it starts killing off old apps depending upon when they were last loaded. This is standard behavior and to use Task Killers is actually working against the memory management properties of Android.

This is straight out of the mouths of some of the best third-party ROM and kernel developers as well as Google themselves.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to PeeWee

said by PeeWee:

You may be disappointed if you check to see where the IPhone is made.

??
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

1 edit

said by Alcohol:

said by PeeWee:

??

China. "The entire supply chain is in China now," the article quotes a former high-ranking Apple executive as saying.
--

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
reply to Steve Mehs

No response...hmmmm

OZO
Premium
reply to trparky

said by trparky:

Android is programmed to kill tasks when an available RAM threshold is reached. When that available RAM threshold is reached it starts killing off old apps depending upon when they were last loaded.

Indeed. But I was talking about the need of re-launching an app, that may start working weird. For example, app, that works with proximity sensor, suddenly stops doing what it's supposed to do. Or a softphone app suddenly stops registering its presence with SIP server. And no matter what you do with that app, it still misbehave. Obviously they have bugs... At this point the only solution offered by Android is to reboot the whole phone (reboot the OS)... If there was a way to correctly stop app (making sure that all system resources are taken back and recycled by system), then starting it again after that incident could help to avoid the reboot.
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

said by OZO:

said by trparky:

Android is programmed to kill tasks when an available RAM threshold is reached. When that available RAM threshold is reached it starts killing off old apps depending upon when they were last loaded.

Indeed. But I was talking about the need of re-launching an app, that may start working weird. For example, app, that works with proximity sensor, suddenly stops doing what it's supposed to do. Or a softphone app suddenly stops registering its presence with SIP server. And no matter what you do with that app, it still misbehave. Obviously they have bugs... At this point the only solution offered by Android is to reboot the whole phone (reboot the OS)... If there was a way to correctly stop app (making sure that all system resources are taken back and recycled by system), then starting it again after that incident could help to avoid the reboot.

What is it you want? What does this have to do with the OP?
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to PeeWee

said by PeeWee:

said by Alcohol:

said by PeeWee:

??

China. "The entire supply chain is in China now," the article quotes a former high-ranking Apple executive as saying.

Yes..?
--

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
reply to PeeWee

said by PeeWee:

said by OZO:

said by trparky:

What is it you want? What does this have to do with the OP?

I don't think he is going to answer...

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to ubermoe

I work with a guy who was a Apple Fanboy. He bought a Samsung S3 off Craigslist for his son for Xmas in September and decided to give it a try and hasn't went back to his iPhone.
He ended up buying another one for his son and sold the iPhone.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL

I love my S3

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

Do you guys that have a Galaxy S3 root it?

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL

I did root but didn't take it further, it works for me so I didn't want to change the ROM or anything. It really just peaked my curiosity to try rooting it.

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Alcohol

I thought it was you complaining about cheap foreign made android phones. Apple phone are made in China, the price on one remains high because of the lack of innovation. Thus a 1 year old Iphone is still top line because there is nothing newer. Android phones get cheaper because there is another newer better one just around the corner.
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by PeeWee:

I thought it was you complaining about cheap foreign made android phones. Apple phone are made in China, the price on one remains high because of the lack of innovation. Thus a 1 year old Iphone is still top line because there is nothing newer. Android phones get cheaper because there is another newer better one just around the corner.

It doesn't matter where they're manufactured. The phones have cheap internals. Most android phones in china/india run on single core chips. The fact is, there are about 1.5M new android devices being activated every day. I would guess over a million are non premium phones/tablets running an outdated version of android. Which is why the 5 to 1 argument is stupid. Google isn't playing the same game as apple because they have a completely different business strategy.

Apple has ridiculous profit margins because people/carriers are stupid enough to buy at a premium rate.

Iphone internals are designed in california, assembled at foxxcon china and sourced from all over (korea, japan, china, brazil). I never said anything is cheap just because it's foreign made.
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

said by Alcohol:

said by PeeWee:

It doesn't matter where they're manufactured. The phones have cheap internals. Most android phones in china/india run on single core chips. The fact is, there are about 1.5M new android devices being activated every day. I would guess over a million are non premium phones/tablets running an outdated version of android. Which is why the 5 to 1 argument is stupid. Google isn't playing the same game as apple because they have a completely different business strategy.

Apple has ridiculous profit margins because people/carriers are stupid enough to buy at a premium rate.

Iphone internals are designed in california, assembled at foxxcon china and sourced from all over (korea, japan, china, brazil). I never said anything is cheap just because it's foreign made.

I would suggest that your guess is wrong, at least in reference to phones, As the cheaper alternatives for new users are the last generation flagships. These phones have features still not seen on the newest of IPhones.
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

Brand awareness for android phones is nonexistent. People don't know what a flagship phones are. Samsung is doing a good job and gs3 has helped a lot but still a long way to go.

During the Apple vs Samsung trial samsung had to release the sale figures of their US phones. Their biggest seller was some piece of shit single core gingerbread phone with a 320 x 480 resolution. It had 2M+ units sold. Nothing else even came close in the US.
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

Maybe you can tell me what "piece of shit" phone does a person get at the Verizon store for example. They promote newer Data hog phone, Precluding the use of the phones you describe. Your reasoning doesn't apply, at least for the American market. I submit, also that the average phone running gingerbread has a better set of features than the latest iphone.
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI

Yes, which is why i mentioned china and india multiple times.
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

???

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

said by Cheese:

And?

That 5 to 1 argument is stupid. Stop using it.

Well I know 4 people with iPhones, I know dozens with Andriods
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Steve Mehs

said by Steve Mehs:

said by Alcohol:

said by Cheese:

Pretty sure Android is outselling Iphone 5 to 1... so...

That's cause 4 of those are shitty $100 phones.

Shitty $100 phones???

When we switched from Sprint to Verizon at the end of November I got the Droid DNA, my mother who doesn’t need a super high end phone got the Droid Razr M. That was a $100 phone, whose price dropped down to $50 a few weeks later and I was able to get the price differential credit. For $50 the Droid Razr M is a pretty damn good phone. The 4.3” display is bigger than the iPhone, the resolution lower at 540 x 960, but the Super AMOLED screen is nice. The dual core 1.5 GHz processor is faster than the iPhone, it’s got the same amount of RAM as the iPhone, it’s got expandable memory, a solid battery and it’s a hell of a lot more durable, not to mention the features of Android 4.1. Along with the standard stuff that the iPhone lacks, NFC and DLNA. Not all $100 phones are created equal. I’d rather have a $100 phone from Samsung, Moto or HTC, then a $100 phone from LG, ZTE or Hauwii. This $50 phone the same caliber as the Evo 3D I was using in June of this past year.

While the Razr M may not be stat of the art, I’d rather use that then the shitty iPhone 5 or some lame ass Windows Phone.

RAZR m isn't a $100 phone. It's subsidized by Verizon. This is why you're confused.
--