spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

No New Channels, Slew of Fee Increases

We have a reminder to subscribe to HD service, just no actual new channels.

But next month Limited service jumps $1.83, Value jumps $2.74, Digital Plus jumps $3.78, DVR's jump $1.

Cinemax jumps to $18.95 from $16.99 (for 3 channels, no ThrillerMax, no 5StarMax, WomanMax, @Max or OuterMax), having 2 premiums jumps $2, 3 premiums jump $5.

For internet, Starter jumps $1 for those without video, $2 for those with video. Max jumps $2 for those with video. MegaMax jumps $2/month. Express and Unleashed jump $3/month.

Phone service jumps $5/month.

$1 more for any digital boxes, extra $2 for HD service, extra $1 for modem rental, extra $1 for wire maintenance.

Most significant price increases in the industry, least amount of content. Great negotiators you've got there, ABB.

In August, they're basically going to be charging me $200/month not even having a DVR, no additional premiums, and 10/1 internet. Is it any wonder your customers feel absolutely no loyalty to you?
JimmyK814
join:2010-12-29
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

This is kind of crazy considering no improvements. Not unexpected at all but... kind of ridiculous.
Os
US

Os

Did you see the same price increases in Altoona/Johnstown effective 2/1?
JimmyK814
join:2010-12-29
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

I didn't notice it in the bill. I'll have to look again later today. I'd expect it to be about the same.
JimmyK814

JimmyK814

My notice of increases came with this months bill.

My favorite is the digital receiver fee is now up to $10 a month. I had one of these that I got from Charter in 2000 for a TV in a spare bedroom. It used to be $3.95 a month then... amazing how the cost of providing a 13 year old box costs $10/mo now when it was $4 a month brand new. No longer made sense the keep it.
Os
US

Os

It's just printing money for them at this point. And it's ridiculous.

Box fees to me are the biggest scam going. Those things ABB is using have been paid for over and over again.

The only reason I still pay ABB for an HD box is I haven't committed to cable long-term with an HTPC.