uniqs
share rss forum feed

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to why60loss

Re: Do you have to get the 305 mbs plan to have no data cap?

dont move to the sticks if interent is that important.

why60loss

join:2012-09-20
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
·CenturyLink
·AT&T Wireless Br..

How about free house then to make up the cost. Yea I think paying more for internet is a lot better than a 1100 a month for a house that can only get TWC, poorer Verizon 4G LTE and is smaller/ smaller lot. If I have to pay 250 more for unlimited internet so be it and it would be cool as mess. I would always host online games for sure with no more lag. (Ok that's not 100% true, but you get it.)

At home I am at it's over 100 a month for the 50/5 yes just 5 up load you time warner pricks. I stick to the 10/1 plan because I don't trust them to give me that speed. If I pay 100 a month for internet then I better be getting 100mbs down load and more than just 5 up. My Verizon 4G phone does more than 5 up you time warner pricks.

Ok end of TWC hate

It's not really that much in the stick's, it's a joke I made out of a youtube commenter posting I must be living in the sticks not to get 4G LTE on Verizon to work right, Video:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgDnByyo0tw

That razr was 100% junk, but any way.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

1 recommendation

Look, when you move out to the sticks, there are positives and negatives. You can generally get a bigger home for less money, than closer to a or in a populated city. But, you give up certain amenities. There are less commercial choices in general. There arent as many restraunts, as many stores, or in this case, as many internet providers.

I am not saying you are right or wrong for your decision. I am just saying, when you move to a certain area, make sure you have the correct expectataions. There are dozens upon dozens of threads here that claim "hey, my cable provider wont build out to my area, even though I am 6 miles from the closest house" (exag, but you get the point)

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
·CenturyLink
·AT&T Wireless Br..

I know that, but there web site say's the street address of the house I would be moving into is able to get internet packages all the way up to at lest the 105 so I think 89 for the 105/20 kicks the crap out of 50/5 for 99 dollars. ( Yes I know it go's up to 114.99 after 6 months, but you get the point.)

I will likely have to call them soon to make sure that they can put cable down to the house. If the 305 some how made it to the house that would be cool as mess.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

Service may be available to the driveway but if this new house is set far back on that 1.5 acre lot, you may run into problems.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com
»www.BronzedBod.com

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by ExoticFish:

Service may be available to the driveway but if this new house is set far back on that 1.5 acre lot, you may run into problems.

This was my thought too. Do you know how far the house is set back from the road? Do the current residents have cable?

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
·CenturyLink
·AT&T Wireless Br..

The home looked to be about a 100ft away, but I will have to check again next time I go to look at it.

I think they had cable before, but then went to a dish based thing due to cost. I really can't ask them any thing now for they have passed away.

There are higher end homes in the area with 5-10 acre's who get Comcast so I don't think it should be an issue. I could be mistaken.

At lest I have my unlimited 4G phone if all else fails with unlimited tethering package. I can get about 25/25 with it on the top floor and I may buy a booster if I think I need it, but I hope it won't come to that, because I know I can't really use more than about 10GB a day if that.

It's a inherence that I can only get if I move in and live in the house. Should have said that before and I am not even 100% sure it will work out.

why60loss

reply to why60loss

What number should I call for business class and for the 305 plan?

Thanks

whfsdude
Premium
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by why60loss:

Not sure about business class but for 305 residential, I opened a ticket in the Comcast Direct Forum.

You will need a site-survey for it so you will want to do this once you have already moved in.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 recommendation

reply to why60loss

said by why60loss:

Thanks

From the Business Class web site at »business.comcast.com/smb/service···et/plans I can see that the number to call is:

For questions or ordering
(866) 621-1191

However, as whfsdude mentioned in regard to the residential 305 plan, you may need to already be residing at the new location before you can actually get a firm commitment from Comcast for a business class account (but they should be able to verify if service is definitely available at that address, or might need a site survey).
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

why60loss

reply to whfsdude

Should I wait to open the ticket then? Because I have not moved in yet. There is still a lot to do like selling the house I live in and so on.

Thanks

whfsdude
Premium
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by why60loss:

Should I wait to open the ticket then? Because I have not moved in yet. There is still a lot to do like selling the house I live in and so on.

I would wait - that could take several months.

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
·CenturyLink
·AT&T Wireless Br..

The home market in my area is doing really well, so selling the house is not the real issue. ( It will likely sell in a month or less.)

I am going to check it out, do to needing to plan this out before I move in. I need to know if I am going to need a 4G LTE cell booster or not for tethering at home. Also to see if I can ax my AT&T unlimited data line or not.

malletto

join:2009-01-03
Purcellville, VA

I am building a house and tried to get them to come out and do a survey and they flat out refused to do anything until the house was finished and I have moved in. Even though there are 2 houses directly across the street that they could use for the survey instead. They refused to do anything.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

business and 305 require a real survey, mount locations, routing, etc. not just if you are close to the plant.
--
I'm better than you!