how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OneLastWave

join:2013-01-05
Cocoa Beach, FL

Cisco 8742HDC no rear speaker surround?

I’m having a surround sound problem and was hoping you could help.
1) I had an older (don’t know the model number) Cisco HDDVR that well until there was a format/firmware update. After the update we had no sound coming from the rear speakers and slowly drive space was going away.
2) The BHN tech came out and replaced with a used older Samsung HDDVR. It was slow, hung up and didn’t work very well, BUT the rear speaker surround was back working as designed.
3) I was told that BHN had a new Cisco HDDVR 8742HDC. I asked BHN to change the box to a new 8742HDC. It fast and works well accept now once again no sound from the rear speakers.
The surround works with the stereo and the DVD player.
If you can help in any way I would very grateful.
Thanks
George
gfoye@cfl.rr.com

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
How do you have the cable box connected to your receiver?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to OneLastWave
George?

rabeatz

join:2012-11-26
Winter Springs, FL
reply to OneLastWave
My guess is that as long as it's connected to his receiver properly, he needs to enable the proper surround output.

I always had this problem until I set the output to Dolby - hit settings on the remote and there will be an option called "Devices", that opens a new menu and in that menu you have the ability to choose the audio output type. Set it to dolby and content that is in surround sound will be sent out properly and your receiver will recognize it properly. I believe by default it's set to PCM.