share rss forum feed
This is a sub-selection from 327w internet connection

tnman55

join:2006-07-16
Sevierville, TN
reply to aefstoggaflm

Re: 327w internet connection

Thanks again,
I know I can make it work by buying a router and using my Westell as just the modem, but I want to make it work with the Westell combo. It should work. It has the option to change to wpa and wpa2. There's something causing the problem. Could it be the firewall? Also I wondered about the "wpa group re key interval", it defaults to 3600 (minutes) what if I changed it to zero? or would that degrade the security by not ever changing the key and not be any better than WEP. Its not that big a deal if I have to keep using WEP, I've used it all these years but surely someone out there has had this same problem, and solved it.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL
said by tnman55:

Thanks again,
It has the option to change to wpa and wpa2. There's something causing the problem. Could it be the firewall? Also I wondered about the "wpa group re key interval", it defaults to 3600 (minutes) what if I changed it to zero? or would that degrade the security by not ever changing the key and not be any better than WEP. Its not that big a deal if I have to keep using WEP, I've used it all these years but surely someone out there has had this same problem, and solved it.

Perhaps better in wireless security OR general security?
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.