Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1 to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol

Re: [iPhone] Next iPhone revision?

said by Alcohol:

I used iphone 5 as my daily driver for the last 2 months and i'm back to android.
The only things i liked about ios was when i opened a new app it asked me if i wanted to allow push notifications for it. In android you have to go to settings. Next thing i liked was icloud. Using a ipad 4 and iphone 5 worked nicely with icloud photo stream but music was a pain in the ass to sync as it had to be manually downloaded from the purchased tab. It's also really annoying that icloud doesn't backup and apps over 50mb can't be downloaded over 3G. I kept the lte ipad in my car the entire time and couldn't update the apps due to lack of wifi (only when i brought it in the house to charge every few days). No such restriction on android. You have a lot more freedom to do whatever you want.

Lastly, I liked facetime. I used it a lot to talk to family and it worked better than skype/google talk over 3G.

Other than that android is better. I really can't think of anything else that I thought was better on ios.

Obviously Google services are superior on android except for maps which is the best looking app i've ever used.

Back to android now. i5 given to family member and ipad returned because i found it to be too heavy and thick. Will buy ipad 5 just because of facetime/imessage.
My criteria for a phone in 2013 has changed from specs to battery life. I'm tired of living in paranoia about the battery when i'm going out. Will buy the next flagship motorola phone.

Very interesting. Thank you for the feedback. I am considering the galaxy S3 (or S4) as an alternate. I had a Droid 3 with physical keyboard some time ago, and I liked the keyboard, but the camera was crummy and the software was buggy. I have heard that the S3 does not suffer from the same problems.

On the other hand, I know 2 people personally who have the iPhone 5 and love it. One is a Win7 user, and the other uses Macs, so they come from different camps, but both are sold on iOS over Android. I had an iPod Touch for some time and really liked it, but unloaded it some time ago when I migrated to the D3.

Interesting....

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

Iphone will be 6 months old in march which is why i wouldn't recommend it. You'd pay the same subsidized price for a 2013 phone.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

Iphone will be 6 months old in march which is why i wouldn't recommend it. You'd pay the same subsidized price for a 2013 phone.

I agree somewhat, but realistically, won't the new iPhone be out sometime in the fall... probably September or October? That's a pretty long time to wait it out I think.

If it was a month or two... that's different. but we're talking half a year...

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

Top Android phones should be out march-june.