share rss forum feed

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to J E F F

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

that's it...i have had it with Phaneuf...i hope they trade him...just about every time i see a bad defensive play, he's there...look at the great energy tonight...Frattin, Kadri, Gardiner, Kostka to name a few...all "kids", and all cheap.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

To be fair to Dion and the rest of the team, that's 3 games in 4 nights...home, away, and then home the next night. He's also logging about 27 minutes a night. That's a lot of hockey in 4 days. Yeah, that was a bonehead giveaway, but I've seen worse. Dion is a good dman. But, he's out there so much, mistakes are bound to happen.

That all being said, I kinda loved how Keith Aucoin came back to bite the Leafs tonight after they tried to send him back down to the Marlies last week. I'm guessing that Aucoin had money on the board tonight.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Ex-Leafs always score vs us.... Brad Boyes scored too
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

pegcitynet

join:2009-09-02

The SENS are 3-0, eh?

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to shaner

said by shaner:

To be fair to Dion and the rest of the team, that's 3 games in 4 nights...home, away, and then home the next night.

Yeah, but every team is going to go through that a few times this season. Teams that can't handle it well are going to find themselves at a disadvantage.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to shaner

said by shaner:

To be fair to Dion and the rest of the team, that's 3 games in 4 nights...home, away, and then home the next night. He's also logging about 27 minutes a night. That's a lot of hockey in 4 days. Yeah, that was a bonehead giveaway, but I've seen worse. Dion is a good dman. But, he's out there so much, mistakes are bound to happen.

i understand that, but it seems to happen to him more often then some of the others...in fact, i think i have seen better play from Kostka, and he isn't $7M/year.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

that's it...i have had it with Phaneuf...i hope they trade him...just about every time i see a bad defensive play, he's there...look at the great energy tonight...Frattin, Kadri, Gardiner, Kostka to name a few...all "kids", and all cheap.

Whaaaaaat? You mean you're starting the trade the way non-Blue team fans have been since it took place: overpaid and overhyped player that Calgary got rid of by taking on salaries they could quickly shed?
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

i don't object to the trade, as White was the only piece i was sad to see go...it's been a few years now, and i just don't see Phaneuf "fitting in"...he doesn't play with his physical prowess he did in his early years, and i don't see quality defensive play in him most games.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by dirtyjeffer:

i don't object to the trade, as White was the only piece i was sad to see go...it's been a few years now, and i just don't see Phaneuf "fitting in"...he doesn't play with his physical prowess he did in his early years, and i don't see quality defensive play in him most games.

Nor does he show the scoring touch he has before... It's fine when an offensive defensemen's scoring numbers decline in favour of more solid defensive play, but that hasn't happened with Dion either...

Maybe he needs a bit more time under Randy Carlyle... We'll see...

In any case, it's only the remaining of this season and next, so unless he improves he's not gonna get half what he gets paid now...
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

Nonis has to be on the phone to Gillis ,now?

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Nonis has to be on the phone to Gillis ,now?

Oh? What D-men are Vancouver looking to trade?

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to HiVolt

Yikes.. uuuugly!!! Second game in a row, nice first period, then uh oh... lol...
--

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Reimer was good tonight. The Leafs looked flat. No jump in the third period. Too much board play not enough skating.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to J E F F

well, the good news is i have Lundqvist in my hockey pool.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to J E F F

I know we aren't supposed to expect much from the Leafs as constructed right now and their conditioning is suspect owing to the situation but holy mother of frack, am I glad I bought NHL Gamecentre.

Because at least now when the Leafs "bit the shed" like they've done their last two games I can try to find another game using the iPad that doesn't make me want to throw things in disgust.

NefCanuck

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB

I'll tell you, switching to other games shows how awful the Leafs really are. Like, other teams skate in open ice and create chances more than 2 feet away from the net. I have yet to see another team pin the puck up against the boards and then flail at it with their sticks seemingly hoping that they can somehow direct it at the net for an errant shot on net.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

We can thank Burke for how bad this team was/is. Dave Nonis can't fix it quickly, and who knows if he'll fix it at all, after all he's been around Burke so much he must have a similar style...
--

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

don't forget, it was Nonis that gave Luongo that stupid contract no one wants...that's why i didn't mind Burke...Burke hasn't saddled us with long term baggage...sure, some of the deals didn't work out, but it's always a gamble.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
reply to HiVolt

I miss Brian Burke -- it's just not the same without his "brand" of media presence comedy.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

don't forget, it was Nonis that gave Luongo that stupid contract no one wants...that's why i didn't mind Burke...Burke hasn't saddled us with long term baggage...sure, some of the deals didn't work out, but it's always a gamble.

No sir, Nonis did not give Luongo the contract. Nonis acquired him from Florida, but Mike Gillis gave him the ridiculous contract in 2009.
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

I miss Brian Burke -- it's just not the same without his "brand" of media presence comedy.

That's fine. Now the comedy has moved to the ice! ROFL.
--

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to HiVolt

my bad...i had heard it was Nonis' doing.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by dirtyjeffer:

my bad...i had heard it was Nonis' doing.

Nope. Nonis was already a member of the Leafs staff in 2009 when Luongo's ridiculous contract was signed...
--

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to J E F F

Oh Crap. Leafs Win as time runs out. I have to admit it I didn't expect them to win. even in SO.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by loosedobbs:

Oh Crap. Leafs Win as time runs out. I have to admit it I didn't expect them to win. even in SO.

A win is a win is a win.

Isn't this the same team that ruined 3 home openers?
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

F---ing TV went out when the leafs had a 3-2 lead and missed the rest of the game.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

said by loosedobbs:

A win is a win is a win.

Isn't this the same team that ruined 3 home openers?

Agree. two points are important at this stage.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

said by loosedobbs:

Agree. two points are important at this stage.

the only "crappy" thing this season, is since all games are in your own conference, those 3 point games are a nightmare.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to loosedobbs

Haha I couldn't believe it that they scored on that last rush. OT win is fine with me.
--

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB

That goal by Frattin was gold.