vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to J E F F

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Caps lost once again. Is Oates going to be the first coach fired this season?

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to dirtyjeffer

True, but lots of players have great junior careers and don't pan out at the NHL level for quite a number of different reasons, from attitude and drive to size, injuries and roster depth.

Alyn McCauley, anyone? He was injury-prone, but there are lots of great OHLers or even world junior players who don't seem to work out in the NHL even though they were fantastic at the junior level. Ctrl-V would be a great example.....the Oilers just sent him down to the AHL again.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to vue666

said by vue666:

Caps lost once again. Is Oates going to be the first coach fired this season?

Doubt it. First year coaches usually have a bit more rope. Might not make it through the season, but probably not the first to go. Same goes for Bob Hartley.

I'd go with Peter Laviolette. But I wouldn't be too comfortable if I were Kirk Muller or Kevin Dineen.

JBear

join:2005-02-24
canada
reply to Kardinal

Ctrl-V never played Junior. He still has great potential and I think they are thinking of grooming him to be a 3rd line checker with some scoring touches.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

said by JBear:

Ctrl-V never played Junior. He still has great potential and I think they are thinking of grooming him to be a 3rd line checker with some scoring touches.

??? Not in Canada, no, but he did in Sweden and was a key piece to their WJC team from 2008 to 2010 (and at the U18s as well).
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to J E F F

Marlies coach is on CBC right now. He is still not happy with Kadri and his defensive plays. Same players he supported for last 3-4 years have long been traded...Many of them played more NHL games than Marlies. Unnecessary Punishing some players while promoting many (below average)players for so long is bit too much.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

I remember when Kadri played for the Kitchener Rangers...I seem to recall that he was pretty good. We have some good alumni from this hockey club.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

So the Leafs laid an egg vs the bruins, played a horribly boring game...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS

Yup.... the game was a snoozer....

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to J E F F

i knew exactly how tonight's game vs the Canes was going to be before i even watched it...the usual conversations leading up the drop of the puck "Canes among the worse penalty killing and power play team in the league", "on slow start with Ward not looking his usual self", "Canes not a good team, and despite some off season acquisitions, are having a tough time getting chemistry with 7 new players"...as soon as they said all that prior to the puck drop, i knew the Leafs would lose...they play crap teams and find a way to play worse...on the "tying" goal by Bozak, i thought it looked like it deflected off something when it went in...when they went to review the goal, and they showed that "possible kick motion", i knew it would get called off...not because it was kicked in (it wasn't), but because that's just how things work out with this team...sure enough, it was called off...as soon as it was called off, i said "watch the Canes score now, just to rub salt in the wound"...sure enough, the Canes score on the power play right afterwards...honestly, i don't even know why i bother watching them play any more.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Yea last game was full of weird shit. Nothing went our way... Bozak wasn't even looking in the direction of the freakin play or the puck. How could he have kicked it in on purpose?
--

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

on the "tying" goal by Bozak, i thought it looked like it deflected off something when it went in...when they went to review the goal, and they showed that "possible kick motion", i knew it would get called off...not because it was kicked in (it wasn't), but because that's just how things work out with this team...sure enough, it was called off...

That's the way it's working for more than a few teams this season so far. It's completely absurd.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Leafs scrape out a 3-2 win against the Caps, win on the road again... JVR with two goals... Kessel still with a goose egg...
--

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

said by HiVolt:

Leafs scrape out a 3-2 win against the Caps, win on the road again... JVR with two goals... Kessel still with a goose egg...

Caps are a team that doesn't know which way is up anymore and the Leafs took advantage (as they should)

Watching FLA/WPG ATM, the longer that one goes the better it is for the Leafs on Thirsday night

NefCanuck

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Good 3rd period comeback for the Leafs vs the Jets tonight... Kessel finally gets the monkey off his back with a PPG winner late in the 3rd...
--

Raptor
Not a Dumptruck

join:2001-10-21
London, ON
reply to J E F F

5-1-0 on the road. Mystifying.
--
....where's my fiber?

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON

said by Raptor:

5-1-0 on the road. Mystifying.

It's a whole other world when you're on the road as the team from Toronto as opposed to playing in Toronto as the home team though and some players can't play as if its the same thing whether home or away.

NefCanuck

loosedobbs

Toronto
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Good 3rd period comeback for the Leafs vs the Jets tonight... Kessel finally gets the monkey off his back with a PPG winner late in the 3rd...

At last Kessel is smiling. Now its time MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin line to step up the game.

Looking at home and home-away Wins I guess Leafs are point per game. So like 40-42 points by the end and out of play-offs?

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

Kessel smiles?

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Good start for the Leafs vs Habs, Leo Komarov makes it 1-0 on the first shift 59 seconds in.
--

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB

And MacArthur put one off the post. I think the Habs are in for a long night.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Woo 2-0!

loosedobbs

Toronto

said by HiVolt:

Woo 2-0!

Don Cherry just blasted you guys...Jay's Fans in Toronto.
He says Leafs Fan should be like Habs fan.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

3-0, JVR with the goal!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

4-0 after two periods, Kessel scores his 2nd on a PP late in the 2nd...

Reimer playing great.
--

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
reply to J E F F

Yeesh, even the Habs tough guys can't get it right tonight.

Prust grabs Fraser for a dance and ends up being the one getting dipped by a Fraser right hand.

I love it

NefCanuck

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

5-0. Habz getting pwn3d.

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to NefCanuck

5-0 now. This is an asskicking.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to HiVolt

So why is it that this team can't win at home??? WHY?

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by J E F F:

So why is it that this team can't win at home??? WHY?

They should stay on the road... the Road Maple Leafs.
--