share rss forum feed

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Savant

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

he probably did give him a bit of a bite...but i never understood that whole face wash grapple...if you're going to fight, then fight...sorry, but if one of you guys rammed your hand/forearm in my face in a scrum and i couldn't get it off me, i'd probably bite it too.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to J E F F
What's with the knee on knee hit........whoever that was should be gone for 20 games.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
what knee on knee hit?

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

What's with the knee on knee hit........whoever that was should be gone for 20 games.

It was charging maybe and Plekanec jumped out the way to avoid his whole body getting crushed.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
it was nothing more than an attempt to deliver an open ice hit on a top tier player...Plekanec got out of the way just in time though, otherwise, it would have been really messy.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpGT5SUB7l4

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
said by dirtyjeffer:

it was nothing more than an attempt to deliver an open ice hit on a top tier player...Plekanec got out of the way just in time though, otherwise, it would have been really messy.

(youtube clip)

Thanks for the link. It was NOT Charging. Clean hit or rather attempt. The clip is hilarious as the big boys had the deck cleaned.

Looks like the guy (Mclaren?) was toying with Georges in that fight.

I missed probably best game played Leafs. entire 2/3 period.
About the charging. I saw once Kadri in 1st period, going after somebody just of the bench. Nobody was hurt so no penalty. But that could have been charging penalty.

Habs to stop going after Grabo. And Did Grabo pulled "Alex Burrows"?
And he did not get any suspension, right? So why should Grabo?

Now if they play this at home it will make Don Cherry happy.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to J E F F
The video review was inconclusive. No suspension for Grabovski.

»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415675

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Good, I'm glad. Not because he's a Leaf player, but if anyone would stick their fingers or hand over my mouth, i'd freakin bite, as probably would anyone else.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
That's funny that everyone is so understanding when it's a leaf player..........but when Burrows did the exact same thing........wow,he was going to get lynched by you Easterners.
--

bt

canada
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Good, I'm glad. Not because he's a Leaf player, but if anyone would stick their fingers or hand over my mouth, i'd freakin bite, as probably would anyone else.

I think if he bit he should have been suspended. Though if they couldn't confirm that a bite happened, no suspension is the right call.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
that's because Burrows sucks.

in all seriousness, Grabo could have got a game and i wouldn't have had a problem with it as it is likely he did bite the guy...but as i said, if you don't want to get bit, don't stick your appendages in someone else's mouth.

Clipper

join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

That's funny that everyone is so understanding when it's a leaf player..........but when Burrows did the exact same thing........wow,he was going to get lynched by you Easterners.

Not from me.

You don't want to get bit, keep your damn arms, hands, fingers etc. away from someone else's mouth. Simple as that.

I learned that when I was roughhousing on the playground during recess when I was 7.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to J E F F
Click for full size
Alex Burrows is a saint. Now if this didn't get any suspension why should Garbo?
Right call on Grabo and wrong call on Alex the pope.

But lets move on. The case is closed.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Easy there, Chachi....it's LEAFS FANS you're talking about, not all Easterners. And I think there should be a suspension because scrums are part of the game, and biting isn't so they got it right for Burrows and wrong for Grabovski. I can see him being taunted about it for a while.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
I dont fuckin believe it... Leafs spank the Flyers 5-2, and James Reimer gets hurt again.... Dejavu from last year... Lets hope its not serious, but im not too optimistic....
--

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
JVR made Schenn look silly on that 5th Leafs goal.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

And I think there should be a suspension because scrums are part of the game, and biting isn't so they got it right for Burrows and wrong for Grabovski. I can see him being taunted about it for a while.

hold on a sec here.

Burrows example clearly showed a finger in his mouth and Burrows biting down on it...that wasn't the case with Grabovsky...i'm not saying Grabovsky didn't actually bite Patches, but between the two, Burrows is clear...the reason why he (Burrows) wasn't suspended is because there was no clear evidence that he INTENTIONALLY bit the finger, not that he didn't bite it.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to HiVolt
and the fact he couldn't walk off the ice on his own accord doesn't look good...me thinks they should call Rolosson or another available goalie to give Reimer time to heal...now is NOT the time to get Luongo...especially for the Kadri, Bozak and a 2nd round pick.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
Isn't it great for the Maple Leafs to be the 2nd best Canadian team, this season. Some say its Ottawa. Ofcourse Vancouver is No. 1 on a different plateau.

bt

canada
said by capdjq:

Isn't it great for the Maple Leafs to be the 2nd best Canadian team, this season. Some say its Ottawa. Ofcourse Vancouver is No. 1 on a different plateau.

So far, I'd say it's pretty close between Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal as far as the standings go. Leafs and Sens could be tied in points and games played after tonight (if Ottawa wins against Buffalo), and Montreal could be 1 point behind with a game in hand on both of them. And really, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary are also not too far behind - they would all be 1 point behind the Leafs current standings if they win their games in hand.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to shaner
said by shaner:

JVR made Schenn look silly on that 5th Leafs goal.

Yup. Schenn pretty much played like a pylon like that the last couple years.
--

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

1 edit
reply to J E F F
So it looks like Jussi Rynnas will backup Ben Scrivens in Thursdays game.

Rynnas is 8-8-1 with a 2.57 goals against average and a .913 save percentage with the Marlies this season. Scrivens and Rynnas were the goalie tandem for the Marlies for much of last season.

So they both know each other and seem to work well together, but i don't see Rynnas really playing any games in net for the Leafs unless something bad happens to Scrivens during the Leafs road trip.

»www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/02/···_rynnas/
--
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. (Hmm)
I have enemies? Good. That means I've stood up for something, sometime in my life.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

this is too funny

»www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/02/···s%20fans
--

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to J E F F

Matt Frattin out for a week with a bum knee.

»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415899

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: this is too funny

Wow, how stupid.... I thought they'd gotten over that since their city council tried to ban Leafs jerseys at their home playoff games vs Leafs a decade ago...

Perhaps they should try to do the reverse and get as many of their own fans to games at the ACC....
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to J E F F

Here comes Shackkkkkkkkkk.

God I actually remember rooting for that '63 team.........some haven't aged very well,but Ediie Shack was something else.

Whenever the Habs played,there was always a fight with John Fergusen.............good old time hockey.
--

bt

canada
reply to J E F F
Okay, I get honouring the 50th anniversary of that cup win. But why a random mid-season game? There's a Leafs home game on the same night they won it.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to J E F F
good win by the Leafs last night...both teams (Leafs and Sens) have a lot of AHL players on their teams...the Leafs got somewhat lucky with some greasy goals, but we'll take them...despite the loss, Ottawa still gave it a good shot...the game was much closer than the 3-0 score would have you believe.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
I think Ottawa's season is over. But who knows what they can pull off.

The Leafs have had a nice little run, let's see if they can keep it up.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
Ottawa has been dealt a shitty hand this year, that's for sure...it will be very tough for them to have a successful season...but they do have great goaltending and plenty of energetic "kids"...it's why i said, this compressed and shortened season, IMO, will favour a young team...the Sens, Leafs, Oilers, Islanders could really surprise some teams...not saying they will win the cup or anything, but don't underestimate a team with nothing to lose and everyone has written off...that's what happened with LA last year, and they won the whole thing.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell