uniqs
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: Brown traded to Oilers

said by HiVolt:

Scary situation at the start, McLaren vs Dziurzynski (AHL rookie) and McLaren knocked him out cold in a fight, landed face first on the ice... Had to be helped off the ice...

I'd love to know how that fight started. Cameras weren't on them at all until the whistle, and they haven't shown any replays for how it started.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I wasnt paying attention to the screen until they said there was a fight... Scary moment for the kid.

2-0 Leafs so far, still in the 1st.
bt
canada

bt

TSN was following the puck, didn't put the feed on the fight until the whistle for it.

Maybe we'll see a shot of the start of it during the intermission.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to J E F F4

to J E F F4

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

So can anybody tell me if Leafs Fans applauding/booing or happy when the kids was helped off the ice? Because its been said here that leafs fans are not classy.
bt
canada

bt

said by loosedobbs:

So can anybody tell me if Leafs Fans applauding/booing or happy when the kids was helped off the ice? Because its been said here that leafs fans are not classy.

Nice selective memory.

You've been told they aren't classy in other buildings.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to loosedobbs

Premium Member

to loosedobbs
My first reaction was whoooa what a punch (it is a fight) but when the kid hit the ice face first and didnt get up, i was concerned and the smile vanished from my face.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· WyI3FuQA

Fight video, kinda choppy though.
bt
canada

bt

WTF.... they both just drop the gloves. They weren't even lined up against each other.

If that wasn't a staged fight, one of them knew just what to say to REALLY set the other off.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yea odd, there must have been some yapping before...
bt
canada

bt

It just makes less and less sense. But you can see both of them dropping the gloves when they were still a few feet apart, so it's not like one jumped the other.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yep, strange start to a fight. I'm sure there'll be some explanation in the post game interviews...
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

3-0, JVR with a goal.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Crap, Sens close to 3-2 at the start of the 3rd... HOLD ON!!!
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

4-2 Leafs, Kessel with a PPG.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Kadri makes it 5-2... Kid's on fire!!!
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Phew, it was close in the end, Sens made it 5-4... But its another regulatin win!

loosedobbs
Toronto

loosedobbs to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by bt:

said by loosedobbs:

Nice selective memory.

said by bt:

said by loosedobbs:

Nice selective memory.

Been told but where is the proof? You must be talking about some Hillbilly/white trash visiting. They are same not only at the games but everywhere.
said by HiVolt:

(youtube clip)
video, kinda choppy though.

Holy @#$%. That fall is so awefull and scary.

And Leafs won? Have no idea how they managed to win so many games despite so many mistakes.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

(youtube clip)
video, kinda choppy though.

hockeyfights.com usually has the best feeds:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· rEhHdPSc

they said afterwards he had a concussion and will be out for a bit.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to loosedobbs

Mod

to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

Been told but where is the proof? You must be talking about some Hillbilly/white trash visiting. They are same not only at the games but everywhere.

Experienced it personally, and have also spoken to people who have both at SBP and other arenas like the Prudential Center (sp) and Bell Centre. Have you ever been to a TML game in an away barn to experience the class of Leafs fan that shows up there and gives the rest of the league the impression we've expressed and you're denying based on.......what, exactly?

Clipper
join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON

Clipper

said by Kardinal:

said by loosedobbs:

Experienced it personally, and have also spoken to people who have both at SBP and other arenas like the Prudential Center (sp) and Bell Centre. Have you ever been to a TML game in an away barn to experience the class of Leafs fan that shows up there and gives the rest of the league the impression we've expressed and you're denying based on.......what, exactly?

This again?

There's idiot fans for all teams in all arenas. Larger fan base = More idiots. Simple as that.
bt
canada

bt

said by Clipper:

Larger fan base = More idiots. Simple as that.

Not really, since it doesn't explain the higher % of those idiots among visiting fans when it's the Leafs in town than when it's other teams.

loosedobbs
Toronto

loosedobbs to Clipper

to Clipper
said by Clipper:

said by Kardinal:

said by loosedobbs:

This again?

There's idiot fans for all teams in all arenas. Larger fan base = More idiots. Simple as that.

said by Kardinal:

said by loosedobbs:

Show me the proof?

So show me the proof that yesterday these idiots were cheering when the kid landed on his face?

I just read all the newspapers and none shows that leafs fans cheered when that happened. I standby my comments that leafs fans have class and Flyers will cheer anytime they see the opponent on floor or stretcher or blood.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by loosedobbs:

Show me the proof?

So show me the proof that yesterday these idiots were cheering when the kid landed on his face?

I just read all the newspapers and none shows that leafs fans cheered when that happened. I standby my comments that leafs fans have class and Flyers will cheer anytime they see the opponent on floor or stretcher or blood.

Clearly there is a comprehension problem here (or abject refusal to accept any reality that contradicts an opinion), so I'll not proceed further with it.

loosedobbs
Toronto

loosedobbs to J E F F4

to J E F F4
"Maple Leafs: Frazer McLaren knockout blow leaves Sens’ David Dziurzynski, ACC fans stunned: Feschuk"

bt
canada

bt to loosedobbs

to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

Show me the proof?

And again, you ignore the fact that we're referring to visiting Leafs fans, not home Leafs fans.

loosedobbs
Toronto

1 edit

loosedobbs

Click for full size
said by bt:

said by loosedobbs:

Show me the proof?

And again, you ignore the fact that we're referring to visiting Leafs fans, not home Leafs fans.

White trash is same anywhere they go. May be the sens fans should buy all the tickets and not sell to Leafs fans for profit. The fan base in Ottawa is not enough.

»www.ctvnews.ca/sports/se ··· .1156502

What is the use of having a home team if Season ticket holder dont want to go to home game?
What kind of fans you have in that town who are scared to watch the home team play and watch caption booed?

OK I am just messing with you guys. March break is here.

But seriously Sens fans should stand up in their own arena or wear bangles.

Clipper
join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON

Clipper to bt

to bt
Because road trips are fun and frequently cheaper than going to a game locally? So you get a bunch of people together, go on a road trip to a close city, Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Boston, 3 NYC area teams, Washington, Philly, Detroit, Chicago, Columbus, ETC Basically any team within an 8 hour drive... Many times there is organized bus trips. Add in some alcohol and you get boisterous idiots.

Stop pretending this is unique to Leaf fans. The difference is they are more visible because there are way more of them most other teams and far more likely to go on road trips to see them play simply because the availability and affordability of going to see them locally is out of reach for many.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

I don't think anyone has said it is unique to Leafs fans, but in my experience at SBP and an acquaintence's experience at the Prudential Center (NJ Devils), they are the worst offenders. When you consider that NJ regularly gets hords of Rangers / Flyers / Penguins fans, an he confirmed that Leafs fans were like a hybrid of the first two, that says something. I was at the recent Sens - Leafs game and the Sens - Habs games that were 48 hours apart and the Leafs fans were far, far more obnoxious. Habs fans were loud and animated but for the most part they weren't acting like complete jerks. I'd say there were about 6k of visitor fans at each game.

Deny it if you want -- I've experienced it recently and in the past.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to J E F F4

to J E F F4
Orr doesn't lose many fights but Neil won that one by a good margin.

FaxCap

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

Neil didn't win anything...that was a grapple draw...Neil had a hold of Orr so he couldn't actually fight...smart move, and it allowed Neil to get a few shots in, but i would barely even call that a fight...it was more like a "rough scrum".

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· -moL4KtI