spc
Search similar:

uniqs
petebert
join:2003-12-01
Manchester, MI

petebert

New Frontier contract?

Frontier sent me notice saying "Action Required to Maintain Your Frontier Savings". Anyone else get one of these? I upgraded my dsl a few months ago and digitally accepted a new contract then, wondering why they're sending me a new one.

I have noticed a change in my bill. I received a credit for the equipment charge, it was $58 for HSI MRC which is the equipment rental fee and my new monthly bill doesn't list a equipment charge.

Some things I noticed in this new contract that I didn't notice before, may have been there but I've never noticed it. It talks about usage limitations, "Customers must ensure that their use of the Service, including the amount of data sent or received in the course of a month or shorter periods, does not exceed the limitations that are now in effect or may be established in the future."

They then provide a link that goes into more detail on usage limitations, it says each Frontier plan is assigned a anytime data allowance but I can't find anywhere what the data allowance is.

Any ideas what happens if I don't accept it? I have received my 3rd and final notice per the email.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

I'm wondering if some of that language regarding the Anytime and Bonus Data is geared towards Frontier's rebranding of Satellite Internet where you actually do have to put up with that. It just doesn't seem to fit in with DSL or FiOS service at the time being.
bamaraid
join:2007-11-12
Shanks, WV

bamaraid

smith I concur i have not received anything like that in the mail about anything dealing with data usage and im on the frontier legacy system (only thing in my area sighs)

cool88
@frontiernet.net

cool88

Anon

the only data cap frontier has is when they are reselling sat internet
jamesonnorth
join:2012-12-22
Modoc, IN

jamesonnorth to petebert

to petebert
I agree with the others - Frontier doesn't have any caps besides satellite service. I tried pushing it to see, and I hit about 300GB in a month and they didn't do anything. The following month I actually got them to bump up my speeds without changing plans. They really don't seem to care about how much data you use on a wired DSL or FiOS connection. I've seen some people who routinely use multiple terabytes of data every month and Frontier doesn't bug them.

Maybe Frontier will be testing out a cap in your area, but I doubt it. Their unlimited plans for kinda cheap are the only thing making them any better than the cable companies and AT&T.
petebert
join:2003-12-01
Manchester, MI

petebert

Here's the link within the contract for the cap allowance, it's a pdf

»www.frontier.com/docs/po ··· licy.pdf

cool88
@frontiernet.net

cool88

Anon

petebert the link is for frontier cap on there sat services

Matt Kelley
@144.70.2.x

Matt Kelley to petebert

Anon

to petebert
Hi Pete Bert, I am the Communications Manager for Frontier in Michigan. I want to get this into the hands of our Executive Relations team so they can respond. It would be best to get to the facts and not speculate on my part. If you can send your contact information to me, I'll have it researched immediately.
Matt Kelley
Mgr. Communications- Michigan
matt.kelley@ftr.com
Office: 260-461-2325
rainydave
join:2007-02-12
Pasco, WA

rainydave

I received the same notice a while back. I called in and asked the csr if there was a reason for me to receive it. They couldn't find any change to my account that would have triggered it.

I received a Third and Final notice on 1/6. The email is coming from PriceProtection1@frontiercorp.com