Search similar:

uniqs

FiosNE
@verizon.net

FiosNE

Anon

blocking calls on Verizon Digital Voice

Hello

Does anybody have any experience with "boxes" that block unavailable calls ?

We are know getting 8 to 10 calls per day from unavailable

Our issues is that both by wife and I have elderly parents and our kids are in school so we tend to answer the phone quickly with checking the called id

The latest calls are from somebody that can barely speak English trying to sell me an alarm system.

Our 10 Verizon call block numbers are being used

We just converted to Verizon digital voice so I would not be surprised if Verizon was behind all these new calls

t

HardwareGeek
join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

HardwareGeek

oh yeah its verizon hiring telemarketers to call you about alarm systems. get a life and look in your digital voice settings on the website to block unavailable numbers.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to FiosNE

MVM

to FiosNE
said by FiosNE :

Does anybody have any experience with "boxes" that block unavailable calls ?

Take a look at this post by birdfeedr See Profile
»Re: Junk calls
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick to FiosNE

to FiosNE
I like to have fun will the telemarketers. I usually say they have sexy voice, mention I'm in my underwear and just love free phone sex from random callers. If they are dumb enough to stay on I just get more and more vulgar. I think only one time I had to get X rated. Most usually hang up after a few sentences and I never seem to get repeat callers.

This works great, since it's free, very effective and sometimes very entertaining.
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs to FiosNE

to FiosNE
I've been using PhoneTray Free. I see now at the phonetray.com site that they're charging $30 for the software. The software requires a modem with CID capability. It works great for me.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to FiosNE

MVM

to FiosNE
»www.digitone.com/Digiton ··· cker.htm
If you have a single base phone that plugs into this blocker, you can set it to not ring the first time. That gives it the first ring to detect the caller id to block or not. If you have another phone plugged in elsewhere, you just need to train yourself to not answer the first ring, to wait after the second ring.

Call blocker registers all calls, so if you pick up a number you decide you want blocked, you locate it in the caller id list, then press a button twice to block it. Then it's done. Advantage is you won't have to fire up the browser to get to VZ's complicated website for phone management. The device is right there, simple display, functional buttons. If a blocked number calls again, the first ring which you may or may not hear is the detect period. If call blocker recognizes the number as one to be blocked, it answers then immediately hangs up. You won't hear the second ring.

There are 80 numbers that can be blocked, and wild card blocking expands that capacity.

It works. The Card Services robocaller uses about 6 numbers. If it detects something is blocking one number, it will try another. I have used all 10 Digital Voice blocks, plus another 8 or so in the Digitone blocker. But, Digitone also allows me to block 800, 855, 866, 877, 888 numbers by default, so those aren't part of the 80. There are no callers I expect to be calling from a toll-free number, so I'm not missing anything there by blocking them.

There are some chinese knockoffs of the Digitone out there, but reviews of them appear to be self-generated.

I am not promoting a particular product, I don't get anything from it except for the satisfaction of helping someone fight back against obnoxious callers.

The telephone marketing person who thought up "reach out and touch someone" should be shot. punished in some meaningful way.
bt06437
join:2001-12-03
Carrollton, TX

bt06437 to FiosNE

to FiosNE
as an alternative solution, I use a set of Panasonic DECT 6.0 phones, which have call block on a number basis.
Some models have more capacity that others.
example model: »www.walmart.com/ip/Panas ··· 10099073

A detected "call blocked" number is "busied out"( dial tone busy)
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to HardwareGeek

to HardwareGeek
While Verizon isn't likely the one calling the OP they probably sold/gave his contact info to their partners.

I went through this recently and added (or maybe readded) my number to the national do not call list and also opted out of Verizon's sharing of my personal data with their partners. Seems like calls have died off but it might just be because of the holidays.

To the OP...

I started a thread about it which has some good info along with the number you have to call to opt out of Verizon's sharing of your information. Check out the link / Thread below.

»Junk calls