how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DSLGal2

join:2013-01-06

[Connectivity] Internet down for 1 week

Hi everyone,

I'm posting on behalf of a friend (his Internet is down). My former username is DSLGal, 11 year member, but I no longer have access to my password .

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because I'm trying to find out why my friend's Internet has been down. It hasn't worked for at least a week, and when it does work, the service is sporadic. He lives in the St Martinville area.

TIA!

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Has he called into the local office and had a truck roll?

DSLGal2

1 edit

No, not yet, I think he has just been exasperated with the service and has just about given up. I'll suggest the truck roll to him, thanks .

editing to say that he has told me that Suddenlink has been out there 20x already, heh.

abnormal69

join:2003-04-19
Hollister, MO
reply to DSLGal2

And what did they say/do?

DSLGal2

reply to DSLGal2

I'll try to find out tomorrow. They've credited the account $2 for their troubles. . . .

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to DSLGal2

For SL to have rolled a truck 20 times, this issue has had to been happening for a month or 2 minimum. You would be hard pressed to get 2 truck rolls in one week. So you need to ask your friend again, if he has been in contact with the local office or call center and had a truck roll for THIS SPECIFIC PROBLEM.

Also, an entire week in the dark is more than a $2 credit.... Things are just not adding up quite yet.
--
30/2 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

DSLGal2

reply to DSLGal2

The bottom line is that I suspect the infrastructure sucks. The tech spoke to my friend's mother, so all they told her was to call back if the service went down again.

abnormal69

Hollister, MO
reply to DSLGal2

So what was the point of this post if you cannot supply us with any information?

DSLGal2

See my original post for the point. . .

Unfortunately, I am in San Francisco, and my friend is in Louisiana, rural Louisiana, Cajun country, so getting detailed information is difficult as I don't speak with him everyday.

As for obtaining any further information, the lady of the house was not given any details as to what was wrong with the service. She was simply told to call back if there were any more problems.

Abnormal, are you a Suddenlink tech?

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

No, he's not and neither am I. But the only thing you've gave us to go on is that a customer in rural LA has been without internet for a week but has had 20 techs out to the house and she hasn't been told anything other than a $2 credit. Being that you don't even talk frequently to this person, and you have no ability at all to get line specs from the modem or attempt any troubleshooting,....... what were you wanting? You, me, any of us can't even get a SL tech to look further into it as you don't have the name/addy of the account and/or the MAC addy of the modem. There's an upper management that frequents here but I doubt even he would be able to help you at all with the given info.
--
30/2 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

abnormal69

Hollister, MO
reply to DSLGal2

Yup, what Pickle said. I wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to make sense of this.

DSLGal2

reply to DSLGal2

Thanks for the clarification.

My initial question was to gather whether or not anyone else was having a similar problem as far as ongoing connectivity problems. Of course I didn't provide the general location until yesterday, so my apologies. This problem has been ongoing for years, not just recently.

If a technician is reading this post, I'd be happy to follow up with my friend to see if he can obtain additional details and put him in touch with the tech directly.