Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jcodling

join:2012-12-27
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Start cable modem in Sarnia

Anyone here have their cable modem via Start.ca in the Sarnia area? I am curious as to the quality of the connection. I am currently with Bell DSL and am fed up with their lack of action regarding high latency and packet loss. Not to mention their over priced low cap DSL.

I am a gamer and am an active member of a gaming company. I need good and consistent latency.

Let me know how you like them as well as any other suggestions for the Sarnia, Ontario area for an ISP that does not involve Bell's phone lines.

Thanks.

kritzbitz

@start.ca

Pretty typical result around the Wellington & Mitton area.
DOCSIS 3.0 DCM476 modem.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2418936557.png

jcodling

Thanks for the reply. That looks promising.

jcodling

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Ordered Monday morning.
Monday:
Called them toll free at a local number.
Person answered all my questions. Some even before I asked them.
Person called back to ask if I was referred to give that person credit. I wasn't.
Person called back to say that my modem was in the mail and to confirm the installation date of next Monday.

Tuesday:
Received my cable modem via expresspost from London, Ontario.

Can't wait for Monday!

moon_1b

join:2001-11-23
Sarnia, ON
reply to jcodling

Couldn't be happier here in Corunna.

jcodling

reply to jcodling

Cable Internet connected.

More than 3 times the speed at less cost. The installer had to run a completely new line.

Now to see if it lasts the test.

SeanDeMarco1

join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON

22 Mbps DL and 2 UL steady in Sarnia right now for me. The only thing that has been bothering me in regards to internet has nothing to do with Start. My router by D-Link, the DIR-615, is dropping connections all the time and it is known to be a pretty fail router. Do not buy it at FS no matter how cheap it is. Thank goodness D-Link is letting me RMA it without having a receipt but really even if they replace the router I am not hopeful this thing will work proper or last long. If you search for info. on this router you will see many bad things about it.

jcodling

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

I haven't had luck with d-link since the early 2000's. I have a netgear now and am more than happy with it. Gigabit ethernet and 5ghz n. Super fast. Previous to this one was a linksys (cisco) and the only reason I replaced it was for 802.11n for the laptops.