Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to 88615298

Re: TV Brick wall

said by 88615298:

They thought home video wasn't going to make money either. Now they wouldn't even exist without it. It took then over a decade to embrace it. I remember even into the mid 80's you could really only rent VHS tapes as buying them cost $100 or more. That was to prevent people from buying. And people complain about a $25 blu-ray. As soon as they lowered the price to where people would buy these companies made BILLIONS. They could have made BILLION for over the previous decade if they hadn't been so bull headed. Now surely those guys are dead or retired and you'd think this next generation of media CEOs would get it. I guess we'll have to wait until these media companies are run by guys who are currently in their teens or 20's.

Again, I concur. There are a couple ways to change the model, such that all parties concerned win - consumers get what they want, and all the players make more money.

But neither the customers, nor the industry are going to agree to such a move, as each has their own exclusive vision of the future.

It isn't a question of the age of the management.